GRE: “progress should be the aim of any great society. People too often cling unnecessarily to obsolete thinking and acting because of both a high comfort level and a fear of the unknown.”

No doubt, is undoubtedly a pivotal gamut toward having a great society in the modern time. However, the advancement is debatable in a various aspects for societies so that sometimes the concept of greatness won't have something with being progressed and other times the different degrees of progress can be considered as an evidence of greatness in the society. Moreover, it is a simplistic view to consider the culture dimensions such as being more comfortable or fearing of weird thing as just reason for remaining in a stable situation without progress because other issues such as economic and political statues have significant role in the possibility of having access to global progress as much as cultural subjects.

Economic issues can be one of the reasons creating bereaved societies from having progress. As we can recognize that most countries have torturous positions of lives because of lack of economic power. Progress in all of the aspects requires tremendous costs which are sometimes out the power of the government. One exemplar is in Medicine that needs largely advanced tools for doing operations and getting drugs made. Similarly, in the agriculture, the high productions are concerned to use the progressive machines whether in the time of plowing or in the time harvesting. In fact, all evidences of mutations are, directly or indirectly, dependents on the monetary level of the society. Consequently, when greatness of societies associated with the amenity and common wealth can be factual that they have prodigious sponsorship of economic.

One of the other effective factors in defining the level of progress is politics considered by the leaders of societies. For instance, in Iran, as a country challenging with enormous embargo, it is a vain expectation that it provide people with the equipment and facilities as advanced as those are in European countries. In the same way, in some revolutionary country, people are obliged to stand the incipient situation of the country till reaching to point when they can demand their desires of the society.

However, greatness of a society might be viewed in a way far from what is attributed to the progress known in the world. Some communications think that they are more blessed and fortunate if they cling to their precious findings, abysmal religious and historical results so that they become resistant in facing with weird and new methods arrived from abroad. On other occasions, it takes time to be accepted a specifically progressive method or a well- equipped device which can bring more welfare and satisfaction by a society. In addition, we cannot deny the great feelings of life in some countries while having no advancement in the sense of progress. For instance, Iran, as religious country, because of large numbers of cultural reasons, doesn't allow all kind of inventions made by foreign countries is brought. With these attitudes, although some people are living in their great community, other ones are looking for a way for getting rid of that situation.

In consequent, today, there are rarely some communications which can be defined as a great one because people with their colorful requisitions assign the criteria of perfectness. Progress can pave the way to reach welfare and facilities, but cannot be the sheer factor for being great of a society. Furthermore, lack of progress can cause by political and economical items as well as cultural foibles.

it provide people with the equipment
it provides people with the equipment

Write the essay in 30 minutes.