A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position

A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

A nation is made by the variety of people that reside in it. The progress of the nation depends on what new and different things each of its citizen bring to the table. Studying in the same curriculum means each and every tender mind of the nation who would become the pillars of the nation will be thinking in the same way. Their abilities and knowledge will be comparable. Do we want to live in such a nation where its run towards the zenith of success has been halted by the situation in which all ideas have been exhausted and its citizens have no new ideas because they all have been groomed exactly in the same way through a standardized national curriculum.

No two minds are same. Their thoughts, their capacity, their interests vary so much. An ideal situation would be the one in which we would be able to teach and train each student in his own way and allowing him to rise on his own, learn to fly on his own, picking him up when he falls. But that is not possible due to constraints of the budget, teachers and guides. But we can have at least two, three or more different systems having their own curriculum which gives the students the choice to select a school of their liking to which they can adapt and grow as a person and a responsible citizen. Such varied systems will also cater to diversity that exists in the country’s population.

Students have less time in schools to learn because of time constraints and sticking to a curriculum. The real development of a personality of a kid occurs by interaction with his friends. Consider a situation when all the kids admitted to a college are coming from the same curriculum, they will have nothing to share with each other. On the other hand, if they come from different curriculums they can teach each other what they had learnt in their school which leads to a widening of horizons.

For any institute, industry or a country it requires diversity, new ideas, new thinking, variety of approach to a problem is important to fight the shackles and grow. It can come only if different minds are groomed to process a problem in a different way and not follow sheep mentality. A nation should not require all of its students to study the same national curriculum but they should require their students to embrace education, belonging to any curriculum whose validity is controlled by a central regulatory body.

The premise: 'Studying in the same curriculum means each and every tender mind of the nation who would become the pillars of the nation will be thinking in the same way.' may be not true.