As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoni

The statement above is far from conclusive. It is one thing that people depends on new machines and other innovations instead of human hands to implement more and more tasks nowadays, but it is totally another in speak of people’s power of thinking for themselves. There is no way to assert that dependence on technology will certainly weaken people’s thinking skills.

First and foremost, there is no direct cause and consequence relationship between utilizing technology and degeneration of mental thinking. Admittedly, current trend is to adopt new innovations to substitute labor and increase efficiency. However, this is a phenomenon, not a reason as stated in the claim that leads to the deterioration of people’s thinking capability. In fact, oppositely, this trend is facilitated and accelerated with the development of imagination and creation ability of human mind. People constantly create and modify new technologies to suit their own needs and through the process, human’s thinking ability improves and strengthens accordingly. No degeneration of mind is evident.

Furthermore, the free of people does not necessarily follows by idleness or dependence, nor does it mean incompetence. On the contrary, people are liberated from repetitive, time- and labor-consuming jobs and instead, engage in more complicated work. For instance, workers in an automobile manufacturer used to spend hours and days to produce and assemble different components of a car and do screwing, painting and interior decoration to finish one car. With the introduction of production and assembly lines, manufacture time lessens dramatically and efficiency improves significantly. What’s more, with the time saved from labor of repetitive, machinery manufacturing, people can now spend more time to design new editions of cars and to focus more on perfecting cars’ functions. This is an adequate case to prove that people’s thinking ability, instead of deteriorating, is exercised, strengthened and even improved gradually.

Even though some people may insist that people are losing some basic skills such as calculating since more and more people cannot calculate simple additions or reductions correctly with the introduction of electrical calculators, I would refute with the truth that even people who are mathematicians can make mistakes in calculations. Not everyone has to deal with math. By and large, technology makes our life easier and simpler. And people make technology tailored to people’s needs through mental thinking. It is a win-win situation.

In sum, the utilization of technology will not degenerate mental thinking of humans. Instead, people’s thinking ability improves and strengthens with the introduction and modification of new innovations.

the free of people does not necessarily follows by idleness or dependence
the free of people does not necessarily follow by idleness or dependence