People should undertake risky action only after they have carefully considered its consequences.

Living in rapidly changing era, one can encounter unexpected incidents or crisis more easily than ever, which requires a strong will as well as the comprehensive ability of dealing with them. Commonly, individuals tend to approve of cautious scrutinizing before taking risky actions, which though seems inaccessible for most people. Whereas, some circumstances request one to make a prompt decision and hesitation will cause nothing but losing the opportunity. Thus whether to carefully consider the consequences beforehand becomes a great challenge.

As is well known, one obtains his knowledge and capability of dealing with problems by learning throughout his life. The primary requirement is a calm mind and rational attitude. In most cases, careful consideration can detach us from the specific situation to see the whole picture and thereby avoid reckless decisions. For instance, before the Great Depression, countless investors bought in stock irrationally and went bankrupt overnight. If they could have observed the inflation in advance and predict the potential consequences, they would avoid blind conformity and escape from too serious financial loss. Accordingly, careful examination beforehand in most cases helps us see the issue more clearly and thereby reduce unnecessary loss.

Admittedly, cautiously considering consequences is a safe way to circumvent danger, yet only by making risky breakthroughs one after another, can civilization step forward. Sometimes individuals are merely too shortsighted to predict the merit of some actions. In this condition, ambivalence does nothing but baffle the advance brought by these actions. Take the research on stem cell into account, under the critical moral charge of studying stem cell, George. W. Bush eventually prohibited obtaining human stem cells in vivo considering some potential dangerous aftermath on social ethics, which lagged research in this field for at least one decade. As is demonstrated later on, studying stem cell does not generate severe social effect but bring benefit to the public. Therefore, in some fields like science, people are often encouraged to take risks without too much consideration in order to achieve breakthroughs.

Based on the diverse challenges one can probably meet with, whether to take a risk is dependent on specific circumstances. In daily life, issues concerning financial, travel and social connection request calm analysis before taking risky actions. For example, if one intends to travel in Tibet, he needs to make rigorous preparations before setting out, such as overcoming altitude reaction and communicating with narratives. Comparatively, when it comes to issues concerning future development of individuals or communities, one should possess the courage to change conventions without worrying about consequences, through which society can develop generation after generation.

Conclusively, the alternative between careful consideration in advance and risky actions regardless of consequences depends on specific occurrence. Wise individuals are capable of keeping a subtle balance and thereby develop theirselves to the largest extent in the most secure and efficient way.

Sentence: W. Bush eventually prohibited obtaining human stem cells in vivo considering some potential dangerous aftermath on social ethics, which lagged research in this field for at least one decade.
Error: vivo Suggestion: ?

Sentence: Wise individuals are capable of keeping a subtle balance and thereby develop theirselves to the largest extent in the most secure and efficient way.
Error: theirselves Suggestion: themselves