People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the pos

People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Decision making is a process which requires logic to be applied before taking some step so that the outcome of the decision bear fruitful results. There are a lot of situations in life where we have to select one option from a given basket of options which involves decision making.Truly,the decision making process requires some factors based on which the good and bad be predicted and the right decision is taken.

Decision making based on emotions is generally considered to be biased because when we decide based on emotions , a few factors are neglected. Now to justify those decisions with logic is a tough task since the basis of judgement itself is not strong. Such decisions cannot be justified properly since there are some assumptions not fully proved. Such decisions may sometimes lead to poor outcomes and such decision makers are considered poor decision makers because they cannot fully analyze the situation before coming to a conclusion.

On the other hand there is a case where people do not take into account emotions to decide what to do in a particular situation. They take decisions solely on the basis of the criteria - which step leads to maximum profit. The profit is different for different circumstances but it signifies something which is favourable to the concerned person to the maximum extent. Since such decisions are based on logic, they can be easily justified by it and such people are considered to be strong decision makers.But such decisions may prove harmful to the people later and hence not fully justified.

So, I do not fully agree with the statement. There are many examples where people have taken decisions based on emotion and even if they could not justify it immediately with logic , they achieved very good results.As an example, if a person is hit by some car, the driver of the car has to take some decision on the spot. Logically if he thinks keeping all the legal issues in mind, he will decide to leave the hurt person and run away but emotionally, he will decide to take that person to the hospital. Though this decision cannot be justified logically based on legal proceedings but it is absolutely justified based on humanitarian grounds. Such a person is in no way a poor decision maker.

Similarly , in case of big industries and factories , the owner has to take a lot of decisions based on emotions , taking into account the effect of his decisions on the employees emotional situation for example to allow a week's leave to an employee without cutting is salary in case of an emergency situation. Though such decisions are not proved logically, they are necessary for the smooth running of any firm.

Similarly, taking the example of judicial system. A lot of times, mercy is granted to criminals which is not logically justified but on emotional grounds, he is relieved. Similarly , in case of Indo-Pak war, instead of retaliating back on attack by the other country, the government has to take into account the fact that common people are not be harmed.

Thus keeping the above mentioned things in mind , it cannot be always said that the decisions based on emotions are a sign of poor decision makers.Because decision making is not justified by proving it with logic but by the outcome of the decision.

The essay is not exactly right on the topic.

The topic doesn't want to prove 'People who make decisions based on emotion are poor decision makers', but 'People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers'.

Write the essay in 30 minutes.