People work more productively in teams than individually Teamwork requires cooperation which motivates people much more than individual competition does

"People work more productively in teams than individually. Teamwork requires cooperation, which motivates people much more than individual competition does."

The speaker asserts that people can work more efficiently in teams rather than individually since cooperation, the pressing requirement of working in a group, provides them much more motivation. While the speaker overlooks some areas of work which do not require team working and cooperation, about some special fields of working I tend to agree that working together in a congenial environment encourages people to work more effectively.

Undoubtedly, there are some activities which are conducted and developed merely by one person. The prominent example of these activities and trials is the ones requiring creativity and innovation which are provided only by individual’s brilliant and inventive mind or creative and imaginary feelings and instinct. To make this statement more clear, we can consider ingenious scientists and scholars who have explored different fields of study and obtained great achievements through their discoveries only with the aid of their astute brain and comprehension. The success of these intelligent people who have aided others enormously and have provided them more convenience and insight can not be attributed to any cooperation.

In addition, we can name painters, writers and other artists who have created aesthetic and greatly influential various kinds of paintings and other artifacts by means of their own creativity and strong imagination. These artists have brought culture and public awareness through their creativity without any adherence to group working.

However, I concede that in many other activities which are based on group working cooperation and harmonious trials among the member of the group is critical for productivity and success. In group activities there are different duties which each one can be conducted only by specialist in that field of study with specific skills and abilities. Besides the fact that everyone should carry out his specific duties individually, they have to work together as a union with similar object to prosper the whole group. For instance all the workers in the production line of a factory should cooperate with each other to have the most productivity although they must do their specific responsibilities lonely.

Furthermore, this cooperation not only meets the requirements of the team working but also provides any member of the group the sense of enthusiasm and motivation to do their best. Since, working with others and benefiting from their different skills and valuable experiments in a cooperative environment helps members to feel satisfactory and therefore more generous and encouraged to work for the progress of the whole group.

In sum, some areas of activity such as the ones followed by scientists and artist do not require adherence to the team working and cooperation. Nonetheless in some works including different distinct activities which need different specialist in each activity, team working and corporation as a crucial tool to increase productivity comes to appearance.