Scientists and other researchers should focus their research on areas that are likely to benefit the greatest number of people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoni

Scientists and other researchers should focus their research on areas that are likely to benefit the greatest number of people.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

Science has played an integral part of the society by saving lives and make people’s life easier. Some argue that scientists should work on research that would be a value to most people, because small projects is waste of money and resources. Others believe that, researchers should be financially supported for every type of research even if it does not benefit the majority of the population. Thus, science should not be limited to a certain project because they are minor and don’t server the greatest number of people.

First, scientists should be encouraged and supported regardless of the size of the population it will benefit from the end result. In fact, Hippocrates known as the father of medicine was not supported by the majority of his society. His theory was that, disease was the result of natural causes and not the gods as it was believed by his society. He was attacked for his believes and his research especially by the majority of religious groups. They believed that his research and work was not benefiting the majority of the society and insulting the population. However, Hippocrates was not discouraged and he was able to provide diagnosis and the treatment to many illnesses that are still practiced today. Thus not many people will agree or benefit from a certain research like the priests in Hippocrates’s time, however, scientist should not be discouraged or stopped.

Secondly, some people may not believe in the research and the work of people because it is small project and may not be usefull. Galileo Galilei used a telescope to discover that the sun was the center of the solar system. Many religious groups disagreed and stopped supporting him financially and morally. He was house jailed for 9 years because of his scientific findings that did not benefit the majority of the society. However, not untill later on in time when other scientists proved his theory to be correct. As a result, Galileo was acknowledged and appreciate after his death. Scientist like Galileo should be appreciated for their work even if it benefit only minor group.

Finally, invention is like a building block one will lead to another. For example, the discovery of waves and electricity to scientist was a great breakthrough in science, but to many folks was not useful and could not see how such discovery will help better their lives. Those discoveries lead the discovery of television telephone and other wonder technology being used today. So a small project may seem vain and not very productive, however, one simple small discovery can lead to bigger ones in the future.

Ultimately, scientists have being working nonstop to reach new findings and improve the quality of life of the society. Researchers such Hippocrates and Galileo’s works seemed not useful to many in their towns, but it was later on appreciated and proved to be of great value. In addition, many small discoveries from different scientists can be used to make a one grand invention such as the cellphone today.

by saving lives and make people’s life easier
by saving lives and making people’s life easier

because small projects is waste of money and resources.
because small projects are a waste of money and resources.

because it is small project
because it is a small project

if it benefit only minor group.
if it benefits only minor group.

Sentence: Secondly, some people may not believe in the research and the work of people because it is small project and may not be usefull.
Error: usefull Suggestion: useful

Sentence: However, not untill later on in time when other scientists proved his theory to be correct.
Error: untill Suggestion: until

More arguments wanted. Look, the examples take most of the content:

'Secondly, some people may not believe in the research and the work of people because it is small project and may not be usefull. Galileo Galilei used a telescope to discover that the sun was the center of the solar system. Many religious groups disagreed and stopped supporting him financially and morally. He was house jailed for 9 years because of his scientific findings that did not benefit the majority of the society. However, not untill later on in time when other scientists proved his theory to be correct. As a result, Galileo was acknowledged and appreciate after his death. Scientist like Galileo should be appreciated for their work even if it benefit only minor group.'