Society should identify those children who have special talents and provide training for them atan early age to develop their talents.

Society should identify those children who have special talents and provide training for them at
an early age to develop their talents.

Finding the talents of the children and providing grounds for them to flourish their talents is one of the main approaches of every society. The special talents in order flourish need special cares, otherwise the talents of an individual may be atrophied. In this sense, the author the statement recommends the societies to identify the talented children and foster them according to their talents at an early age. I generally agree with the author provided that a criteria is met: the interest of the children is also concerned and is prioritized first.

To begin with, if we do not identify the talented students, their talents might be atrophied. Being a genius among the students who are lesser talented than him/her, can overshadow the potential capacities of the genius. Since every class should be in accord with the majority of the students, the teacher has no way to pay decent attention to the genius while the majority of the class lag behind; without being challenged because the courses are simple, the genius does not use his/her talents. In order for the genius’ talents not to be atrophied, a different level of education is needed for the one.

Furthermore, as the special ones might show different educational performance than the others, if not identified correctly, they may be evaluated wrongly. To illustrate, consider Albert Einstein, who was not as good as he was in the mathematicians than the other courses. Einstein’s teacher once said to his father: “It doesn't matter what he does, he will never amount to anything”.

However, overemphasis on the talents of a child might make the talented children uninterested toward pursuing his /her talents. Consider the parents who send their children in so many classes and the children do not succeed in any of them. Therefore, we need to care about the child’s interest as we care about his/her talents.

Finally, if the interest of the child is concerned, and the grounds are also provided for the child to flourish his/her talents, it would usher in the successful future for the one and the whole society. The sooner the talented people flourish, because of their limited life span, the longer time they are productive for the societies. It is better for the world to have them productive as soon as possible. Early age identification of a talented individual is therefore so advisable.

In short, as discussed, the society needs to recognize its talented children in order to back them to flourish their talents as soon as possible benefiting both the society and the individual. However, we should consider that in doing that, we should not compromise the interest of the student toward using his or her talents.

the author the statement recommends
the author in the statement recommends

No. of Words: 454 while No. of Different Words: 199