True success can be measured primarily in terms of the goals one sets for oneself.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and su

True success can be measured primarily in terms of the goals one sets for oneself.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

It is popularly believed that true success can be estimated primarily in terms of the purposes a person sets for oneself. Although this claim has many proponents, I cannot concur with it because the statement represents only a part of reality. The reasons of my stance will be discussed in more details below.

To begin with, when we speak about true success, we tend unconsciously accept the likeliness that only a person who sets the goal may measure the success. In fact, nobody knows about my goal and its parameters as well as I do. From this viewpoint achieving of a goal is a highly subjective act which widely depends on initial settings. For example, the same act may be seen by different people distinctively. For a person who is dreadfully afraid of height, a committing of an air travel will be seen as a true success because the person reach the goal which he sets for oneself. By contrast, the same flight for other passengers who are not afraid of flying will mean nothing. In fact, only the person may know the difficulties which he conquered to reach the goal as well as its precise characteristics. In other words, estimation of success may be highly individual and from this prospect only a person who creates the characteristics of the goal may truly measure it. However, may we say that true success is always measured by the originator of the goal?

The answer on this question is "no" because we are social creatures and therefore we do not always try to achieve our goal alone. We often work as a team which is a group of people who share the same goal consequently measurement of success is made by comparison with the team’s plan. To illustrate the idea, we may imagine that we design a novel piece of furniture, for example, a table. Each member of the team has his or her task to do. One person creates legs, the second one design desk and the third colleague thinks how combine them. To get a desirable product each member of the team has to compel to the plan. Otherwise, we may get parts incomparable by size, style of elements. For instance, a person who makes legs may be satisfied with his work but if the result does not fit the general plan, the accomplishment will not accepted as success. Consequently, true success can be achieved by a group of people who pursue the same goal and adhere to the same characteristics of its achievement.

Furthermore, as we said above, we are social animals and estimation of our success by people who surround us is important for us. From this prospect truly success is one which is accepted and praised by others. To illustrate an idea, we may take a look at a student who wants to get a decent score in an exam, he sets the goal and reaches it but what this accomplishment means if his parents and friends do not demonstrate their approval. In fact, even when we become older the opinion and social estimation of our achievement keep being crucial for our success. For instance, we may take a Nobel Prize, it is important not only because of amount of money given but mainly because it is a display of approval of the nomine success.

In conclusion, although many of us honestly believe that truly success may be measured by person who sets the goal, in reality, we are not an isolated subjects but social animals who work as a team and therefore, true success may be determined by the group. Moreover, perhaps, to get a truly success we need social approval of our accomplishment as well.

Seems the topic is a little bit off in the second and the third arguments. It should always relate the true success to a personal goal. It doesn't relate to a group or others opinions which will change the topic.

-----------------------