To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.

The study of major cities is necessary to understand the characteristics of society, but meanwhile the study of towns and villages is also necessary for complete knowledge of society. As every country of world consists of rural and urban people. As Study of rural life provided by rural villages and urban life by major cities of country. As development of technology, economical and political aspects etc. are studied by major cities but traditional and culture is known by its rural areas.

As cities today are becoming homogenous, International franchises came into existence like Mc Donalds, Subway are located in all major cities of country due to which local foods are disappeared in major cities. Also brands like Nike, Adidas are common in all major cities. Due to which traditional dress of any society not came to known. With advancement of technology, whose use is more common in major cities than rural areas allow people to share common life style in all major cities. For example, Newyork which is a major city where people from different nationalities live and share common life style. Therefore , knowledge of major cities not give enough information, however it provides knowledge of economical conditions of society. As most of companies and big buildings are located in major cities and most of rich people of any society live in major cities. Knowledge of political affairs also came to known from major cities as most of politicians live in major cities and political affairs are held here.

Most of people those who are educated or have enough money moved to major cities. These people adapt their life style according to major cities. Therefore, roots of their tradition are in rural areas from where they belong. Also historic information is retained in less developed areas of any region. As fairs, birthdays and anniversaries of legends are still celebrated in rural areas and people used to wear traditional dresses and cook traditional foods at these events. Therefore, it is necessary to study rural areas to know culture of any society.

In contrast to major cities , knowledge of tradition and culture is came to known by rural villages. As they still retains there traditional values and culture. As in Asia most of people live in rural areas. For example , in India eighty percent of population live in rural areas. It is important aspect to study the profession of the society . As in India most of population live their lives from agriculture, this aspect affects the tradition and culture of any society. However in certain regions , people live in major cities, small cities and towns, but the culture and tradition is more retained by small cities and towns as major cities are homogenous as already discussed.

In sum, it is true that one must study its major cities to understand characteristics of any society but study of rural areas is also necessary. World’s each country major cities play a very important role in deciding the economic, social as well as political status of a country as it shows overall development of any society. But traditional and cultural information and life style is provided by rural areas clearly.

Due to which traditional dress of any society not came to known.
Due to which traditional dress of any society does not come to be known.

Sentence: Knowledge of political affairs also came to known from major cities as most of politicians live in major cities and political affairs are held here.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to to and known

Sentence: In contrast to major cities , knowledge of tradition and culture is came to known by rural villages.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a verb, past tense
Suggestion: Refer to is and came

Sentence: For example , in India eighty percent of population live in rural areas.
Description: The fragment population live in is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace live with verb, past participle