Discover the Secret to Increasing Children's Learning with an Online e-book from Amazon - Special Promotion

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 12/29/2014 - 19:33

Houston, TX (PRWEB) December 29, 2014

In a study from the University of California (2008), 67% of students stated they struggle with studying. Without learning adequate studying techniques, students may fall behind in school, receive limited educational opportunities, suffer from test anxiety, have low academic achievement, and become academically demotivated.

With today’s high-stakes testing, it is imperative that students are equipped with superior study skills. Students may encounter a litany of tests throughout their lives, extending from elementary to graduate school including standardized tests, SATs, and graduate school entrance exams like the GRE, MCAT, and LSAT. When students are not prepared for tests, they may experience test anxiety, which may cause them to be nervous, freeze-up, or zone-out.

Being academically successful is not about how smart or intelligent a student is, but rather the techniques and strategies used to master the instructional objectives. Achieving academic excellence is accomplished through practice, experience, and repetition; otherwise known as studying. Merely attending school is not enough to help students to be academically successful. Equipping students with good study skills is a gift that they can use throughout their education and professional careers.

While teachers provide students with new information, interesting lessons, and learning activities; teaching study skills is not required. Studying is frequently viewed as an independent student activity or home activity.

The truth is many students do not know how to study. Some students think that those who do well in school are effortlessly smart, have good luck, or teachers like them; they don’t realize doing well in school is a result of studying and hard work.

Learning how to study can be easily accomplished with the assistance of Brainiac, a comical children’s book that acknowledges children’s misconceptions and opposition to studying, while helping them reevaluate their thoughts and ideas about studying, and equipping them with the strategies to do well and earn better grades.

Brainiac shares his secrets how to:

Students will be more likely to experience success in school when adequately prepared how to study effectively. There are several benefits associated with studying, including but not limited to: reduced test anxiety, increased confidence, increased understanding, and higher academic achievement.

For tips and strategies how young students can become more prepared for school, read Brainiac. The Brainiac (ebook) is available for 99₵ at Amazon.com from December 28, 2014 12 am PST until January 4, 2015 12 am PST.

http://www.amazon.com/Brainiac-Jessica-deValentino/dp/0982894627/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1403418401&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Brainiac+devalentino

Film Investors Wanted

Bad Apples Logline: Mayhem erupts as a teacher struggles to make improvements at her school.

http://fascinare.org/film_project

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/458648905/910431199?token=64674cbb

About the Author

Jessica deValentino has an earned doctorate from the University of Houston and has spent years helping to develop the knowledge and skills of students and adult learners as an educator, consultant, professor, trainer, writer, and real estate broker.

Jessica has authored How to Lose Weight in the Real World (2010), a resource that has helped dieters think more critically of food and make better dietary decisions; and Sold! 200+ Tips to Sell Your Home for More Money Fast is a resource Jessica provides to her real estate clients to help them prepare to sell their property for the most money, in the least amount of time.

Zhang, S. (2008). The 2006 University of California Undergraduate Experience Survey: Obstacles to Academic Success. Report #394. University of California, Davis. Retrieved December 29, 2014 from http://www.sariweb.ucdavis.edu/downloads/394.06_ucues_obstacles.pdf