T-EAMCET: A.P. students apply in good numbers too

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 03/04/2015 - 19:36

The State bifurcation and subsequent announcement of two separate tests for engineering and medical courses have not dampened the spirit of A.P. students who continue to apply for the Engineering Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) to be conducted by the Telangana government. So far, 5,000 applications for EAMCET have been received among which hundreds of applications are from Andhra Pradesh. Though exams are held separately in both the States, all the students are eligible for 15 per cent unreserved (non-local) quota in TS and AP.

The Telangana EAMCET-2015 Convener, N.V. Ramana Rao, said they were expecting good numbers from AP and added the number has indicated that many AP students too will take the T-EAMCET. Most applicants are expected to be for the medical courses where the competition is high for few seats. “None would want to leave a medical seat irrespective of the State,” an official said.

At the same time, engineering students will also take the test for admission into Hyderabad-based colleges. Despite having good colleges in AP, students prefer Hyderabad as they see it as a destination of their dreams. Moreover, Hyderabad also throws up several additional benefits in the form of good coaching centres for GRE for those who want to go abroad.

However, Telangana students may not show enthusiasm in AP EAMCET except the medical aspirants.

Most applicants from AP are expected to go for medical courses where there is high competition for few seats

Article references
www.thehindu.com