You are hereThe advantages and disadvantages of computers and TV for the mental development of children

The advantages and disadvantages of computers and TV for the mental development of children

Sabee's picture

By Sabee - Posted on 15 May 2013

These days, children are spending more time on playing computers game and watching their favorite shows on television.Some people believe that those two measures have dramatically positive influence on children’s growth. However, others contend that this trend has detrimental side effect on young individual. This essay will discuss both positive and negative outcome of these two measures.

With the respect to the positive effect, computer game and television are playing crucial role in the development of the children’s mental abilities. For instance, popular computer games use abstract and high level of cognitive skills. As a result, in order to winning those game children need to follow the instruction and use some logic. Similarly, there are many educational and informative channels available such as history, science, and discovery. Young individual are learning about different cultures, human body and wild life from the beginning. Those examples clearly show that there are tremendous advantages of computer and television.

However, concerns have been raised about the prolific use of computer games and watching television. Most of the computers games are contain violence. The problem of that those games are increasing aggression and restlessness in young people. Furthermore, children are playing and watching hours and hours. As a result, they are wasting their time on unnecessary things and not concentrating on their studies. In addition, today, children are suffering obesity and weigh gain problems due to sedentary lifestyle. They are not participating in physical activities because of computers and televisions. Parents need to take some steps to mitigate this potential problem. They can set limits on the length of the time games are played, and government can band the violent games and increase channels that are more informative.

In conclusion,both arguments have merits, there are benefits of computer and television, but there are some disadvantages too. If parents and government take precaution, the severity of negative impacts can be avoided.

Pronunciation & fluency evaluations. Choose a category to start:
Most recent Pronunciation & Fluency evaluations
Name Date Scores Full evaluations
daneiz 15 hours 17 min ago 71.34 How do you do, it is my pleasure to meet you.
daneiz 15 hours 19 min ago 71.63 Good evening, Ladies and Gentleman. Welcome to my birthday party. Hope you have a good time.
newlife 2 days 11 hours ago 74.13 Do you have a computer? Yes, I do.
newlife 2 days 11 hours ago 66.69 Hi, good to see you again.
newlife 2 days 11 hours ago 67.54 May I have your name, please?
newlife 2 days 11 hours ago 66.48 She is very well, thank you.