Essay topics: The advantages and disadvantages of computers and TV for the mental development of children
These days, children are spending more time on playing computers game and watching their favorite shows on television.Some people believe that those two measures have dramatically positive influence on children’s growth. However, others contend that this trend has detrimental side effect on young individual. This essay will discuss both positive and negative outcome of these two measures.
With the respect to the positive effect, computer game and television are playing crucial role in the development of the children’s mental abilities. For instance, popular computer games use abstract and high level of cognitive skills. As a result, in order to winning those game children need to follow the instruction and use some logic. Similarly, there are many educational and informative channels available such as history, science, and discovery. Young individual are learning about different cultures, human body and wild life from the beginning. Those examples clearly show that there are tremendous advantages of computer and television.
However, concerns have been raised about the prolific use of computer games and watching television. Most of the computers games are contain violence. The problem of that those games are increasing aggression and restlessness in young people. Furthermore, children are playing and watching hours and hours. As a result, they are wasting their time on unnecessary things and not concentrating on their studies. In addition, today, children are suffering obesity and weigh gain problems due to sedentary lifestyle. They are not participating in physical activities because of computers and televisions. Parents need to take some steps to mitigate this potential problem. They can set limits on the length of the time games are played, and government can band the violent games and increase channels that are more informative.
In conclusion,both arguments have merits, there are benefits of computer and television, but there are some disadvantages too. If parents and government take precaution, the severity of negative impacts can be avoided.
- As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom (73.33329999999999)
- Writing Task 2 (60)
- Some people believe that manufacturer and supermarket should minimize the packaging materials used ,however other think that consumer should avoid to buy heavily packaged goods. discuss both views and give you opinion. (60)
- Task 1 (60)
- The pie chart show the percentage of person arrested in the five year period ending 1994 and the bar graph shows the most recent reasons for arrest. (60)
- The graph shows the proportion of population aged 65 and over between 1940and 2040 in three different countries. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (70)
- Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? or is the responsibility of the government of poorer countries to look after their own citizen? (70)
- Some countries achieve international success, building specialised sports facilities for top athletes to train, instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Positive or negative? (70)
- Popular events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way. (90)
- Many university students live with their families while others need to live to live away from home because their universities are in different places. What are the advantages and disadvantages both situations. (60)