You are hereThe chart below shows the amount of money per week spent on fast foods on Britain. The graph shows the trends in consumption of fast foods.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

The chart below shows the amount of money per week spent on fast foods on Britain. The graph shows the trends in consumption of fast foods.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

bamsifiore's picture

By bamsifiore - Posted on 03 September 2013

The chart below shows the amount of money per week spent on fast foods on Britain. The graph shows the trends in consumption of fast foods.

Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

The bar chart illustrate the weekly expenditures on fast food in the UK.the diagram demonstrates the information of fast foods' consumption between 1970 and 1990.

As we can see,in the first chart the greatest amount of money is spent on humburgers by high income group(nearly 42 pence); whereas by low income group the figure stands at about 42 pence. Meanwhile,the average income has more intrest in wasting fish and chips (approximetly 25 pence), but high and low incomes share almost equal expenditure (nearly 17 pence).By the way,the high income is a great pizza eater (about 20 pence) when only nearly 12 pence and about 8 pence are spending by average ans low incomes.

Actually,during the period of 20 years we can see the rise in consumption in pizza and humburgers(in 1970 the figure stands at nearly 40 grammes and about 90 grammes;when in 1980 they are about 80 grammes and approximetly 190 grammes).In fact,there is a different situation in fish and chips(in 1970 it fall to 200 grammes to rise up to about 220 grammes in 1990).

Overall,we can notice various trends in expenditure and consumption on fast foods.

apastyRag Ethiopia

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. others, however, think that change is always a good thing. wibby.aldryani
Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required.Discuss both these views and give you fialka sticky icon
The table below shows the results of a survey of the average number of cars per hour using three suburban roads during working hours in a ten year pollution monitoring programme. Traffic calming was introduced in Harper Lane at the beginning of 1999.Write Dilbar sticky icon
General Training task 1You eat at a restaurant every week. However, you found an unsatisfied thing in your last experience. Write a letter to restaurant manager. It should contain:•Explain your experience•Say what is wrong with it•Say how to fix it, and g indra13
International entertainers, including sports personalities, often get paid millions of dollars in one year.In your view, with widespread pverty in the world, are these huge earnings justified? sfaht1 sticky icon
The diagram below shows the water cycle, which is the continuous movement of water on, above and below the surface of the Earth. Tessy James sticky icon
In many countries, the quality of life in the large cities is worsening. What possibly can cause this problem? What measures can be taken to resolve it? Madhuka
At present, science has been developing at high speed, but people still have a high opinion of artists. What can the arts tell us of the life that science cannot? gurbaj.bajwa
changes from the past have benefited people in modern life in all the ways. gurbaj.bajwa
More and more fathers taking a break from their careers so that they can stay at home and take care of their children while their wives work. This is better for the family than having both parents work full-time. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Ayash

Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
You are an international student and have borrowed a book from the local public library.You left the book on a bus and when you contacted the bus company, they could not find it.Write a letter to the librarian explaining the situation and asking what you eddysuaib sticky icon
Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?Give reasons for your answer.Write at least 250 words.(Question from: http://www.ielts-exam.net/ielts_writing_samples_task_2/728/) Jittip
The pie charts below show units of electricity production by fuel source in Australiaand France in 1980 and 2000. (Part 1) eddysuaib sticky icon
You have recently heard that a friend of yours has had some problems as a result of some unusual weather. Write a letter to your friend.In your letterexpress concern (i.e. say you are sorry to hear what has happened)tell them about a similar experience th eddysuaib sticky icon
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.You are looking for a part-time job.Write a letter to an employment agency. In your letterintroduce yourselfexplain what sort of job you would likeand say what experience and skills you haveWrite at least 150 eddysuaib
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.A friend of yours is going on holiday soon and has asked you to recommend a destination.Write a letter to your friend and recommend a good place for a holiday that you have visited before. Say where you went, eddysuaib sticky icon
Male and female fitness membership -Syerapke- (overwrite) eddysuaib

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu

The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon

Sentence: The bar chart illustrate the weekly expenditures on fast food in the UK.the diagram demonstrates the information of fast foods' consumption between 1970 and 1990.
Description: The fragment chart illustrate the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace illustrate with verb, past tense

Sentence: In fact,there is a different situation in fish and chipsin 1970 it fall to 200 grammes to rise up to about 220 grammes in 1990.
Description: The fragment it fall to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace fall with verb, past tense

Sentence: As we can see,in the first chart the greatest amount of money is spent on humburgers by high income groupnearly 42 pence; whereas by low income group the figure stands at about 42 pence.
Error: humburgers Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Meanwhile,the average income has more intrest in wasting fish and chips approximetly 25 pence, but high and low incomes share almost equal expenditure nearly 17 pence.By the way,the high income is a great pizza eater about 20 pence when only nearly 12 pence and about 8 pence are spending by average ans low incomes.
Error: approximetly Suggestion: approximately
Error: intrest Suggestion: interest

Sentence: Actually,during the period of 20 years we can see the rise in consumption in pizza and humburgersin 1970 the figure stands at nearly 40 grammes and about 90 grammes;when in 1980 they are about 80 grammes and approximetly 190 grammes.In fact,there is a different situation in fish and chipsin 1970 it fall to 200 grammes to rise up to about 220 grammes in 1990.

Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.