You are hereThe chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2000 comparet with the average house prices in 1989.

The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2000 comparet with the average house prices in 1989.

Vusal347's picture

By Vusal347 - Posted on 09 October 2013

The figure below gives us information about percentage changes in house market in New York, Madrid, Tokyo, Frankfurt, London between 1990 and 2000 compared with 1989.

It is clearly seen that in the first 6 years, average house prices in New York showed a decrease with 5% compared with 1989 which was followed by a dramatic increase 5% in the second period. In both periods, percentage of Madrid house market went up slightly with 2% and 4% respectively.

Recording to the chart, average house prices in Tokyo and London showed the same percentage change between (1990 and 2005) decrease with decreasing 7% between 1990 and 1995 compared with 1989. But Tokyo house market increased 2% between 1996 and 2000 compared to the previous period. However, average house prices in London rose considerably to 12%. Lastly, changes in house prices in Frankfurt remained around stable in both periods with approximately 2% and 1%, respectively.

To sum it up, average house prices in London had showed a dramatic increase in the given 13 years period but Tokyo and Frankfurt house market had changed slightly in the same period.

apastyRag Ethiopia

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Subjects such as Art, Sport and Music are being dropped from the school curriculum for subjects such as Information Technology. Many people children suffer as a result of these changes. To what extent would you support or reject the idea of moving these s nana
International entertainers, including sports personalities, often get paid millions of dollars in one year.In your view, with widespread pverty in the world, are these huge earnings justified? sfaht1 sticky icon
The diagrams below show how chocolate is made and how the price of a chocolate bar is divided up among those involved in the process. Summarise the informatioan by choosing and reporting the key features, and make any relevant comparisons. zha
To what extent do you think consumers are influenced by advertisements? What measures do you think can protect them? IndahLestari sticky icon
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sports or music and others are not. However, it is sometime claimed that any child can be taught to become a good person or musician. Discuss both the views and give nikita sticky icon
successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair vinacole
Animals are used by humans for profit in many ways. However, some people don’t agree with this use of animals. Discuss both of these views and give your own opinion. Justin sticky icon
This graph shows the change in population in two countries from 1996 to 2007. Aysel
Admittedly some people sure, punishments have to fixed for every tipe of crime. Yet still in it, others argue crime episode personally and motively to do depend on purpose of the punishment.discuss about both of this argumentation and then giving your opi Sekar Hanafi
Some people say the age of book is over and all information will be presented by video, computer, television, film, etc. However, others think that books and the written words will still be necessary for spreading information and completing education.What jason1911 sticky icon

Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
You are an international student and have borrowed a book from the local public library.You left the book on a bus and when you contacted the bus company, they could not find it.Write a letter to the librarian explaining the situation and asking what you eddysuaib sticky icon
Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?Give reasons for your answer.Write at least 250 words.(Question from: http://www.ielts-exam.net/ielts_writing_samples_task_2/728/) Jittip
The pie charts below show units of electricity production by fuel source in Australiaand France in 1980 and 2000. (Part 1) eddysuaib sticky icon
You have recently heard that a friend of yours has had some problems as a result of some unusual weather. Write a letter to your friend.In your letterexpress concern (i.e. say you are sorry to hear what has happened)tell them about a similar experience th eddysuaib sticky icon
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.You are looking for a part-time job.Write a letter to an employment agency. In your letterintroduce yourselfexplain what sort of job you would likeand say what experience and skills you haveWrite at least 150 eddysuaib
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.A friend of yours is going on holiday soon and has asked you to recommend a destination.Write a letter to your friend and recommend a good place for a holiday that you have visited before. Say where you went, eddysuaib sticky icon
Male and female fitness membership -Syerapke- (overwrite) eddysuaib

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu

Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon

But Tokyo house market increased 2% between 1996 and 2000 compared to the previous period. However, average house prices in London rose considerably to 12%.
Description: don't put However and But together