You are hereThe chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2000 comparet with the average house prices in 1989.

The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2000 comparet with the average house prices in 1989.

Vusal347's picture

By Vusal347 - Posted on 09 October 2013

The figure below gives us information about percentage changes in house market in New York, Madrid, Tokyo, Frankfurt, London between 1990 and 2000 compared with 1989.

It is clearly seen that in the first 6 years, average house prices in New York showed a decrease with 5% compared with 1989 which was followed by a dramatic increase 5% in the second period. In both periods, percentage of Madrid house market went up slightly with 2% and 4% respectively.

Recording to the chart, average house prices in Tokyo and London showed the same percentage change between (1990 and 2005) decrease with decreasing 7% between 1990 and 1995 compared with 1989. But Tokyo house market increased 2% between 1996 and 2000 compared to the previous period. However, average house prices in London rose considerably to 12%. Lastly, changes in house prices in Frankfurt remained around stable in both periods with approximately 2% and 1%, respectively.

To sum it up, average house prices in London had showed a dramatic increase in the given 13 years period but Tokyo and Frankfurt house market had changed slightly in the same period.

Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Elaine 10 sticky icon
GENERAL TRAINING WRITING TASK 1You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this.Write a letter to your manager. In your letter-Explain why you want to take time off work-Give details of the amount sliwer
Write a letter to your landlord about the neighbors above your flat that are disturbing and say that you wish to make a complaint. marzieh
The percentage of overweight children in western society has increased by almost 20% in the last ten years. Discuss the causes and effects of this disturbing. adventurer
The table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999. fialka
Some people prefer to spend their lives doing same things and avoiding change.Others, however think that change is always a good thing. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. amna
After leaving school or university, young people should choose a job or career that they love, rather than one that pays the best salary. To what extent do you agree with this statement ? cieljessy
Psychologist have known for many years that colour can effect how people feel. For this reason, attention should be given to colour schemes when decorating places such as offices and hospitals.How true is statement?How far does colour influence people’s h Yora
Economic growth helps to improve the standard of living. However, some researches show that people in developing countries are happy with this trend, whilest people in developed countries are not happy about it. Explain why do you think about it? Tessy James
Nowadays, many people go shopping in their free time. Shopping has replaced many other activities that people choose as their hobby. What are the reasons for this? Is this a positive or negative development? marzieh

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. devabe2005 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that national sport teams and individual men and women who represent their country should be financially supported by the government. Others think they should be funded by non-government ways (such as business, scholarship). What is yo Hao IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Universities should accept equal number of male and female student in every subject.To what extent di yiu agree or disagree ? dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers.They are used in business,hospitals,crime detection and even to fly planes.What things will they be used for in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspecious of the dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
The charts below give information about the way in which water was used in different countries in 2000 Nodira IELTS Writing Task I
Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books vaqif aliyev IELTS Writing Task II

Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
When international media (including movies, fashion shows, advertisements and other TV programmes) convey the same messages to the global audience, people argue that the expansion of international media has negative impacts on cultural diversity. What is skeet sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Transport Modes in a European City 1960-2000 djongiskhan IELTS Writing Task I
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Machine translation (MT) is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is no immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role from humans. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II

Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
some people think that competition is a best way to encourage children toward success. while other think that cooperation is more important. discuss both side with option kanwar singh IELTS Writing Task II

But Tokyo house market increased 2% between 1996 and 2000 compared to the previous period. However, average house prices in London rose considerably to 12%.
Description: don't put However and But together