You are hereThe chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2000 comparet with the average house prices in 1989.

The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2000 comparet with the average house prices in 1989.

Vusal347's picture

By Vusal347 - Posted on 09 October 2013

The figure below gives us information about percentage changes in house market in New York, Madrid, Tokyo, Frankfurt, London between 1990 and 2000 compared with 1989.

It is clearly seen that in the first 6 years, average house prices in New York showed a decrease with 5% compared with 1989 which was followed by a dramatic increase 5% in the second period. In both periods, percentage of Madrid house market went up slightly with 2% and 4% respectively.

Recording to the chart, average house prices in Tokyo and London showed the same percentage change between (1990 and 2005) decrease with decreasing 7% between 1990 and 1995 compared with 1989. But Tokyo house market increased 2% between 1996 and 2000 compared to the previous period. However, average house prices in London rose considerably to 12%. Lastly, changes in house prices in Frankfurt remained around stable in both periods with approximately 2% and 1%, respectively.

To sum it up, average house prices in London had showed a dramatic increase in the given 13 years period but Tokyo and Frankfurt house market had changed slightly in the same period.

in some countries the average weight of people are increasing ans their levels of health and fitness are decreasing.what do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them? juzzy
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. use spesific reasons and examples to support your answer. Rinandaputri
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm fitriarkham
General Training Task 1You have been offered a job, asking you to start next week. You want the job very much but, because ofa previous commitment, you want to delay the start for another two weeks.Write to the Manager, accepting the job, but explaining y sliwer sticky icon
Some people believe that there should be fixed punished for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstance of an individual crime and the motivation of committing it always be taken into account when deciding on the punishment. Discuss b Tessy James sticky icon
The chart below shows information about average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2002 compared with average house prices in 1989.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where releva Dilbar
In the past, most people lived in small villages where everyone knew everyone else. Nowadays, most people live in the large cities where they only know a few people in their area.What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of living in a small Sekar Hanafi
The diagram below shows the process of using water to produce electricity.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (150 word) oya
In the future, we will have more and more leisure time as machines replace many of the tasks we do at home and at work.Discuss the benefits this will bring and also the problems it will cause. Sekar Hanafi
Some people say that for a hobby to be enjoyable it should be difficult to a degree. Do you agree or disagree? Omar Sheta

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Some people argue that cars should be banned in city centres while others are against this idea. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion. Rahi IELTS
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think women should be allowed to join the army, the navy and the air force just like men. To what extent do you agree or disagree? eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers.They are used in business,hospitals,crime detection and even to fly planes.What things will they be used for in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspecious of the dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
in the last 20 years, there have been significant develpment s in information technology do you agree or disagree?? nirmal singh virk IELTS Writing Task II
some people think living in big cities is bad for people's health. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Hao IELTS Writing Task II

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

But Tokyo house market increased 2% between 1996 and 2000 compared to the previous period. However, average house prices in London rose considerably to 12%.
Description: don't put However and But together