You are hereThe chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2000 comparet with the average house prices in 1989.

The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2000 comparet with the average house prices in 1989.

Vusal347's picture

By Vusal347 - Posted on 09 October 2013

The figure below gives us information about percentage changes in house market in New York, Madrid, Tokyo, Frankfurt, London between 1990 and 2000 compared with 1989.

It is clearly seen that in the first 6 years, average house prices in New York showed a decrease with 5% compared with 1989 which was followed by a dramatic increase 5% in the second period. In both periods, percentage of Madrid house market went up slightly with 2% and 4% respectively.

Recording to the chart, average house prices in Tokyo and London showed the same percentage change between (1990 and 2005) decrease with decreasing 7% between 1990 and 1995 compared with 1989. But Tokyo house market increased 2% between 1996 and 2000 compared to the previous period. However, average house prices in London rose considerably to 12%. Lastly, changes in house prices in Frankfurt remained around stable in both periods with approximately 2% and 1%, respectively.

To sum it up, average house prices in London had showed a dramatic increase in the given 13 years period but Tokyo and Frankfurt house market had changed slightly in the same period.

nkrojcoxd Tunisia

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

MiguelHomy Bangladesh

Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day. Working from home should be encouraged as it is good for workers and employers.Do you agree or disagree ? carl
Some say all offenders should be sent to prison, other argue that there are better alternatives such as community work for those who commit minor crimes. Discuss both viewers and give your opinions. amelia
People naturally resist making changes in their lives. What kind of problems can this cause? What solutions can you suggest? naz96
WRITING TASK 2You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Many people believe that modern technology has brought people together, but others believe that technology has driven people apart.Discuss both these viewpoints a lynmelissa
IELTS essay: Computers can easily do all the basic and advanced calculations. Do you think that children should spend more time learning basic mathematics or advanced computer technology? Muhammad Daniyal
"Failure is proof that the desire was not strong enough", To what extend do you agree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer? jyothidhanya
With the increase in use of the Internet, books will soon become unnecessary.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? bek7475
Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career, while others believe that it is better to get a job straight after school. Discuss both views and give your opinion Dimas Handoko Dj
SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT PARENTS SHOULD TEACH CHILDREN HOW TO BE GOOD MEMBERS OF SOCIETY. OTHERS, HOWEVER, BELIEVE THAT SCHOOL IS THE PLACE TO LEARN THIS.DISCUSS BOTH THESE VIEWS AND GIVE YOUR OWN OPINION. sprigidts
We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in business, hospitals, crime detection and even to fly planes. What things will they be used in the future? In this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of kanugula.prashanth

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
This is a bar graph of the average age at first marriage of both men and women in the U.S. The red bar stands for women, and the blue bar stands for men. Write a report for a university lecturer conveying the information in the graph. jason
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree? maryam2900

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Smoking not only harms the smoker but also those who are nearby. Therefore, smoking should be banned in public places. To what extent do you agree or disagree? codeblue
Every year several languages die out. Some people think this is not important because life will be easier if there are a fewer languages in the world.To what extend do you agree with this opinion? yas
A letter:You are a university student living in on-campus accommodation. You are having some problems with the internet connection in your room. Write to the supervisor of your residence,in your letter:introduce yourselfinform him/her of the situationrequ bwosti
The graphs below give information about computer ownership as a percentage of the population between 2002 and 2010, and by level of education for the years 2002 and 2010. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make c xaida sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of world. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting main features, and make comparisons where relevant Kal-El

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon
Will computers replace teachers in classrooms?As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. parya mirjani sticky icon

But Tokyo house market increased 2% between 1996 and 2000 compared to the previous period. However, average house prices in London rose considerably to 12%.
Description: don't put However and But together