Essay topics: The charts A and B show the share of the UK and Australian cinema market in 2001 and cinema admission in the UK and Australia from 1976 to 2006.
Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.
You should write at least 150 words.
The given charts give information regarding at first the comparison of films from different origin production that screened in UK and Australia in 2001, and then the changes in income from cinema admissions in that countries over 30-year period, from 1975 to 2005.
According to the graph A, the most popular film with the highest rate screened in both UK and Australia was US films, nearly 80% in UK and just below 70% in Australia. For the other films, in UK, UK films were screened more many than Australian film and others. However, in Australia, films from Austalia were only 2 % screened which was substantially lower than other films.
In graph B, over the periods, the cinema admissions in UK were far higher than those in Australia. In 1976, there were 7 million more income for UK than Australia. However, although there was a slight increase for two years after that, the income in UK significantly dropped to below 60 million in 1984. But from 1984 onwards, the amount of money from cinema admission in both UK and Australia rose steadily and by 2005, there had been around 60 million cinema admission in UK and half of total income of UK in Australia, 80 million.
To sum up, there had been an increase in popularity for cinema film in both UK and Australia which the films were dominated by US films at that time.
- Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? (75)
- The pie charts below show electricity generation by source in New Zealand and Germany in 1980 and 2010. (65)
- The table below shows the consumer durables (telephone, refrigerator, etc) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983. (70)
- The charts below give information on the ages of populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (66)
- The charts A and B show the share of the UK and Australian cinema market in 2001 and cinema admission in the UK and Australia from 1976 to 2006.Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.You should write at least 150 wo (65)
- The chart below shows the amount spent on six consumer goods in four European countries.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. (72)
- Information technology enables many people to do their work outside their workplace (e.g. at home, when traveling, etc).Do the benefits of this mobility outweigh the disadvantages? (68)
- Some people believe that unemployed people should be made to work for their welfare/benefit payments. Others, however, see this as cheap labour.Discuss the possible advantages and disadvantages of making unemployed people take any job.Do you believe that (75)
- The graph shows the percentage of four different types of fuels in use between the years 1800 and 2000. (60)
- Some people believe that electronic calculators should not be allowed in school until after the pupils have mastered mental arithmetic. Others believe that calculators save pupils time, especially with complicated calculations.Discuss both views and give (73.33329999999999)