You are hereThe charts A and B show the share of the UK and Australian cinema market in 2001 and cinema admission in the UK and Australia from 1976 to 2006.Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.You should write at least 150 wo

The charts A and B show the share of the UK and Australian cinema market in 2001 and cinema admission in the UK and Australia from 1976 to 2006.Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.You should write at least 150 wo

Yora's picture

By Yora - Posted on 02 January 2014

The charts A and B show the share of the UK and Australian cinema market in 2001 and cinema admission in the UK and Australia from 1976 to 2006.

Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.

You should write at least 150 words.

The given charts give information regarding at first the comparison of films from different origin production that screened in UK and Australia in 2001, and then the changes in income from cinema admissions in that countries over 30-year period, from 1975 to 2005.

According to the graph A, the most popular film with the highest rate screened in both UK and Australia was US films, nearly 80% in UK and just below 70% in Australia. For the other films, in UK, UK films were screened more many than Australian film and others. However, in Australia, films from Austalia were only 2 % screened which was substantially lower than other films.

In graph B, over the periods, the cinema admissions in UK were far higher than those in Australia. In 1976, there were 7 million more income for UK than Australia. However, although there was a slight increase for two years after that, the income in UK significantly dropped to below 60 million in 1984. But from 1984 onwards, the amount of money from cinema admission in both UK and Australia rose steadily and by 2005, there had been around 60 million cinema admission in UK and half of total income of UK in Australia, 80 million.

To sum up, there had been an increase in popularity for cinema film in both UK and Australia which the films were dominated by US films at that time.