You are hereChorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the 19th century. The map below shows the development of the village. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village.

Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the 19th century. The map below shows the development of the village. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village.

Dilbar's picture

By Dilbar - Posted on 29 March 2013

The map given below indicates the changes that happened in Chorleywood- the village located nearby London from 1868 to 1994.

The map illustrates 4 main periods showing the development of Chorleywood, during the first period which covers the years from 1868 to 1883, only a few people lived on the right side of the main road near Chorleywood park. The second period started in 1883 and continued for 39 years, and at this period population of this small village almost doubled and spread around the Railway which was built in 1909. At the third period that lasted from 1922 till 1970, population again increased and they started to live on the right side of the railway. Finally, meanwhile the last- the fourth period people settled around the Motorway established in 1970, additionally during this period the population of Chorleywood became ten times larger than it was during the first period.

Refering to figures we can say Chorleywood developed a lot, as its population multiplied considerably and a few new buildings were built.

Scientists and news media are presenting ever more evidence of climate change. Government cannot expect to solve this problem. It is the responsibility of the individuals to change their life style and prevent further damage what are your views? Pelegehe sticky icon
Many people choose to copy celebrities seen on TV and in magazines. Try to explain why it is happening. Is it a positive or a negative development? Give your own opinion. sachin0312 sticky icon
ielts graph. european population BINUDANIEL20
Television is dangerous because it destroys family life and any sense of community, instead of visiting eople or talking with our family we just watched television. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? fitriarkham
People who have original ideas are of much greater value to society than those who are simply able to copy the ideas of others well.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Rahi
The diagrams below show the life cycle of the silkworm and the stages in the production of silk cloth.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features , and make comparisons where relevant. iceecreami sticky icon
Task 1: The table below gives information about changes in modes of travel in England between 1985 and 2000. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. MisterWandering sticky icon
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. cieljessy
More and more students are choosing to study at colleges and universities in a foreign country. Do the benefits of studying abroad outweigh the drawbacks? bina
Fatherhood ought to be emphasized as much as motherhood. The idea that women are solely responsible for deciding whether or not to have babies leads on to the idea that they are also responsible for bringing the children up. Dilbar

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Fast food is becoming a part of our daily life. Some people argue that fast food has negative effects on our lifestyle and diet. Do you agree or disagree. mrmo2610 IELTS
Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
The three pie charts below show the changes in annual spending by a particular UK school in 1981, 1991 and 2001. Gerrard IELTS Writing Task I
Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things we really do not need. Some others say that advertisement tell us about new products that may improve our lives.Which view point do you agree? samy IELTS Writing Task II
The Graph show the proportion of the population 65 aged and over between 1940 and 2040 in three different countries.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.-Syerapke- (rewrite) eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that the sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss gehan IELTS

Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think women should be allowed to join the army, the navy and the air force just like men. To what extent do you agree or disagree? eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university.Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowl HoneyUK sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II