You are hereChorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the 19th century. The map below shows the development of the village. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village.

Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the 19th century. The map below shows the development of the village. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village.

Dilbar's picture

By Dilbar - Posted on 29 March 2013

The map given below indicates the changes that happened in Chorleywood- the village located nearby London from 1868 to 1994.

The map illustrates 4 main periods showing the development of Chorleywood, during the first period which covers the years from 1868 to 1883, only a few people lived on the right side of the main road near Chorleywood park. The second period started in 1883 and continued for 39 years, and at this period population of this small village almost doubled and spread around the Railway which was built in 1909. At the third period that lasted from 1922 till 1970, population again increased and they started to live on the right side of the railway. Finally, meanwhile the last- the fourth period people settled around the Motorway established in 1970, additionally during this period the population of Chorleywood became ten times larger than it was during the first period.

Refering to figures we can say Chorleywood developed a lot, as its population multiplied considerably and a few new buildings were built.

nkrojcoxd Tunisia

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

MiguelHomy Bangladesh

Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages? Yves
In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. Need2Pass
"Fatherhood ought to be emphasized as much as motherhood. The idea that women are solely responsible for deciding whether or not to have babies leads on to the idea that they are also responsible for bringing the children up." eddysuaib
The table and graph below give information about the gross domestic product (GDP) and employment sectors of a developing country.summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main feature and make comparisons where relevent.write at least 150 w serene123
Even though globalization affects the world’s economies in a very positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten. Discuss. Dizar
should doctors and engineers be paid more than film actors? gillgurpreet
In many countries schools have severe problems with student behavior. What do you think are the causes of this? What solution can you suggest? nikilos
Write a letter to a Tafe College applying to enrol in a course next semester. You should state the course you wish to enrol in. you should mention why you wish to enrol and what qualifications you already have. JAHURA RAFI
Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life.Which do you consider to be the major influence? Saleh_ADNA
Students in high school should study music as a compulsory school subject. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion ? rone_poolshark

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
This is a bar graph of the average age at first marriage of both men and women in the U.S. The red bar stands for women, and the blue bar stands for men. Write a report for a university lecturer conveying the information in the graph. jason
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree? maryam2900

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
A letter:You are a university student living in on-campus accommodation. You are having some problems with the internet connection in your room. Write to the supervisor of your residence,in your letter:introduce yourselfinform him/her of the situationrequ bwosti
Every year several languages die out. Some people think this is not important because life will be easier if there are a fewer languages in the world.To what extend do you agree with this opinion? yas
The graphs below give information about computer ownership as a percentage of the population between 2002 and 2010, and by level of education for the years 2002 and 2010. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make c xaida sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of world. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting main features, and make comparisons where relevant Kal-El
Will computers replace teachers in classrooms?As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. parya mirjani sticky icon

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon