Essay topics: Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the 19th century. The map below shows the development of the village. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village.
The map given below indicates the changes that happened in Chorleywood- the village located nearby London from 1868 to 1994.
The map illustrates 4 main periods showing the development of Chorleywood, during the first period which covers the years from 1868 to 1883, only a few people lived on the right side of the main road near Chorleywood park. The second period started in 1883 and continued for 39 years, and at this period population of this small village almost doubled and spread around the Railway which was built in 1909. At the third period that lasted from 1922 till 1970, population again increased and they started to live on the right side of the railway. Finally, meanwhile the last- the fourth period people settled around the Motorway established in 1970, additionally during this period the population of Chorleywood became ten times larger than it was during the first period.
Refering to figures we can say Chorleywood developed a lot, as its population multiplied considerably and a few new buildings were built.
- The picture below shows Bell Hill farm in 1976 and the changes that took place in 2006. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparison where relevant. (90)
- The diagram below shows the life cycle of a frog. Write a report for a university lecturer, describing the information shown below. (96.66670000000001)
- The pictures below show how someone can be tracked using an electronic tracking device. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown. (70)
- The diagrams below show two stages in the development of the mobile phone. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (86.66670000000001)
- The diagrams below show the life cycle of the silkworm and the stages in the production of silk cloth. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (66.66670000000001)
- The diagram below shows how the Japanese Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce reliable forecasts. Write a report for a university lecturer, describing the information shown below. (85)
- The graphs below show the percentage of household energy used and the amount of greenhouse gases produced in Australia. Summarise the information making comparisons where relevant. (90)
- The graph shows the proportion of the population aged 65 and over between 1940 and 2040 in three different countries. (83.33329999999999)
- The graph shows the unemployment rates in the us and japan between march 1993 and march 1999. (80)
- You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make (90)