You are hereChorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the 19th century. The map below shows the development of the village. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village.

Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the 19th century. The map below shows the development of the village. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village.

Dilbar's picture

By Dilbar - Posted on 29 March 2013

The map given below indicates the changes that happened in Chorleywood- the village located nearby London from 1868 to 1994.

The map illustrates 4 main periods showing the development of Chorleywood, during the first period which covers the years from 1868 to 1883, only a few people lived on the right side of the main road near Chorleywood park. The second period started in 1883 and continued for 39 years, and at this period population of this small village almost doubled and spread around the Railway which was built in 1909. At the third period that lasted from 1922 till 1970, population again increased and they started to live on the right side of the railway. Finally, meanwhile the last- the fourth period people settled around the Motorway established in 1970, additionally during this period the population of Chorleywood became ten times larger than it was during the first period.

Refering to figures we can say Chorleywood developed a lot, as its population multiplied considerably and a few new buildings were built.

axomyCamn Ghana

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Tourism : advantages and disadvantages ranisa
The cheart below shows information about the changes in average house prices in five different cites between 1990 and 2002 compared with the average house prices in 1989.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make compa Elaine 10 sticky icon
Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career, while others believe that it is better to get a job straight after school. Discuss both views. anita mustikasari
Do agree or disagree with following statement television has distroyed communication among friends and family. Use specific reason to support you opinion. kama_141
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of giving international aid to poor countries? Pelegehe
Sample IELTS speaking: hometown essayking
Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on children. Do you agree or disagree? RamanG
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? bek7475
Some people argue that it is more important to have an enjoyable job than to earn a lot of money. Others disagree and think that a good salary leads to a better life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. mrmo2610 sticky icon
Some people say that advertising encourage us to buy things that we really not need and others say advertisements tell us about new products that may change our lives. Discuss both points and mention your opinion. blue_sky

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon