You are hereChorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the 19th century. The map below shows the development of the village. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village.

Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the 19th century. The map below shows the development of the village. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village.

Dilbar's picture

By Dilbar - Posted on 29 March 2013

The map given below indicates the changes that happened in Chorleywood- the village located nearby London from 1868 to 1994.

The map illustrates 4 main periods showing the development of Chorleywood, during the first period which covers the years from 1868 to 1883, only a few people lived on the right side of the main road near Chorleywood park. The second period started in 1883 and continued for 39 years, and at this period population of this small village almost doubled and spread around the Railway which was built in 1909. At the third period that lasted from 1922 till 1970, population again increased and they started to live on the right side of the railway. Finally, meanwhile the last- the fourth period people settled around the Motorway established in 1970, additionally during this period the population of Chorleywood became ten times larger than it was during the first period.

Refering to figures we can say Chorleywood developed a lot, as its population multiplied considerably and a few new buildings were built.