You are hereClimate change is now an accepted threat of our planet, but there is not enough political actions to control excessive consumerism and pollution.Do you agree or disagree? What measure can be taken to help the process?

Climate change is now an accepted threat of our planet, but there is not enough political actions to control excessive consumerism and pollution.Do you agree or disagree? What measure can be taken to help the process?

dnaserbakht's picture

By dnaserbakht - Posted on 04 February 2013

Climate change is now an accepted threat of our planet, but there is not enough political actions to control excessive consumerism and pollution.
Do you agree or disagree?
What measure can be taken to help the process?

It is believed that our planet’s weather have been changing recently, although the amount of pollution and consumerism have a great deal of effect on global warming which cannot be controlled because each personal life styles are affecting. There are many things that cause the pollution such as, population or the increase of private cars in streets. I agree to some extent, it’s a team work between people and governments to solve these problems.

Undoubtedly, it became a controversial issue to deal with problems which are caused by the population like consumerism and pollution. There are many factors which influences pollution like the poor public transportation. As it becomes less active, more cars will appear in streets. Another point is that while we are producing a lot of new, worthless things in a short period of time we actually will help the culture of consumerism growth which is not good.

To solve these problems, it would be wonderful if people force themselves to be more concerned about their planet and governments should plan for better public services in order to decrease the pollution. They can add more buses or taxis for daily transportation and decrease the prices to encourage people to use them. In order to control the consumerism, companies ought to produce high quality products to avoid creating rubbish. Therefore, people will be more loyal to their appliance and they will be happy and less demanding.

Lastly, people and governments must face the fact that despite natural climate change, we are causing some serious problems which lead to global warming. Thus, we have to take some actions like decreasing the pollution by using public transportation or not to just be a consumer and being worried about the earth in order to avoid this man made effect on climate.

nkrojcoxd Tunisia

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

MiguelHomy Bangladesh

Most students choose to work part time during their university studies. Do you think it’s good or bad idea? Give your opinion and support with an explanation and examples. Tessy James sticky icon
There are lots of difficulties for the newly-arrived international students in the first several days of school. They often feel very lonely and a bit depressed. What other difficulties they will face on the first day? Discuss the causes and give some adv vexxx sticky icon
Televised talent shows have become popular in many societies today. Are there shows a good method of finding talented people, or are they just entertainment? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experie rkd
IELTS essay:Pattern sentence for introduction part sheppard
Some people regard video games as harmless fun, or even as a useful aducational tool. Others, however, believe that video games are having an adverse effect on the people who play them. In your opinion, do the drawbacks of video games outweigh the benefit Sari Ramadhani Putri
Some people think the best way to reduce crime is by giving longer prison sentence. Other, however, think there are better alternative ways to reduce it. aulia rahman
Some people claim that widespread advertising in the modern society has a harmful effect on young people. Therefore, advertisements should be strictly limited on TV, radio, the Internet and in public places. To what extent do you agree or disagree with th jason1911
Some people think if students are afraid of the teacher it is better. Others say that having a friendly relation is better. What do you think ? sliwer
The graph below shows the different modes of transport used to travel to and from work in the European city in 1960, 1980 and 2000. Raman Toor
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. wibby.aldryani

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
This is a bar graph of the average age at first marriage of both men and women in the U.S. The red bar stands for women, and the blue bar stands for men. Write a report for a university lecturer conveying the information in the graph. jason
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree? maryam2900

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Smoking not only harms the smoker but also those who are nearby. Therefore, smoking should be banned in public places. To what extent do you agree or disagree? codeblue
A letter:You are a university student living in on-campus accommodation. You are having some problems with the internet connection in your room. Write to the supervisor of your residence,in your letter:introduce yourselfinform him/her of the situationrequ bwosti
Every year several languages die out. Some people think this is not important because life will be easier if there are a fewer languages in the world.To what extend do you agree with this opinion? yas
The graphs below give information about computer ownership as a percentage of the population between 2002 and 2010, and by level of education for the years 2002 and 2010. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make c xaida sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of world. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting main features, and make comparisons where relevant Kal-El

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon
Will computers replace teachers in classrooms?As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. parya mirjani sticky icon