You are hereClimate change is now an accepted threat of our planet, but there is not enough political actions to control excessive consumerism and pollution.Do you agree or disagree? What measure can be taken to help the process?

Climate change is now an accepted threat of our planet, but there is not enough political actions to control excessive consumerism and pollution.Do you agree or disagree? What measure can be taken to help the process?

dnaserbakht's picture

By dnaserbakht - Posted on 04 February 2013

Climate change is now an accepted threat of our planet, but there is not enough political actions to control excessive consumerism and pollution.
Do you agree or disagree?
What measure can be taken to help the process?

It is believed that our planet’s weather have been changing recently, although the amount of pollution and consumerism have a great deal of effect on global warming which cannot be controlled because each personal life styles are affecting. There are many things that cause the pollution such as, population or the increase of private cars in streets. I agree to some extent, it’s a team work between people and governments to solve these problems.

Undoubtedly, it became a controversial issue to deal with problems which are caused by the population like consumerism and pollution. There are many factors which influences pollution like the poor public transportation. As it becomes less active, more cars will appear in streets. Another point is that while we are producing a lot of new, worthless things in a short period of time we actually will help the culture of consumerism growth which is not good.

To solve these problems, it would be wonderful if people force themselves to be more concerned about their planet and governments should plan for better public services in order to decrease the pollution. They can add more buses or taxis for daily transportation and decrease the prices to encourage people to use them. In order to control the consumerism, companies ought to produce high quality products to avoid creating rubbish. Therefore, people will be more loyal to their appliance and they will be happy and less demanding.

Lastly, people and governments must face the fact that despite natural climate change, we are causing some serious problems which lead to global warming. Thus, we have to take some actions like decreasing the pollution by using public transportation or not to just be a consumer and being worried about the earth in order to avoid this man made effect on climate.

The charts below shows what senior high school students in 3 different high schools (Beaufort, Westmont and Whitford) spent their money on in 2005. Summarize the following information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons wher Azizkhan Nightshade
Doctors say that many people have health problems due to lack of physical activity. What is your opinion on this issue? What might be the reasons for this? What are the ways to improve the situation? marzieh
some people think that a sense of competition among children should be encouraged .others believe that who are tought to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults.discuss both views and give your opinion. gagandeep gill
The diagrams below show how chocolate is made and how the price of a chocolate bar is divided up among those involved in the process. Summarize the information by choosing and reporting the key features, and make any relevant comparisons. Naela Mustika K...
Some authors believe that urbanization is a ‘Modern Disease’. In not less than 250 words explain if you agree with this view and give your own opinion serene123
In the past it was common for older people to live with their children and grandchildren so that their relatives could take care of them as they grew older. Nowadays, it is common in many places for older people to live away from their families, in specia vicky123 sticky icon
Writing Task 1 (at least 150 words)The table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999.summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. amelia
Graphs of sources of world and local news in UK since 1987 until 1997 rizqifahma
The charts below show information about animals and rainfall at the Nboro Nature Reserve.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main feature and make comparisons where relevant. BeurejangnaDena
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold.To what extent do you agree or disagree ? Amandeep Singh

Blood sports have become a hot topic for debate in recent years. As society develops it is increasingly seen as an uncivilized activity and cruel to the helpless animals that are killed. All blood sports should be banned. Discuss the main arguments for th falks405
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
The mass media, including TV, radio and newspapers, have great influence in shaping people’s ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer. mikrarlagowa
Creative artists should always be given freedom to express their own ideas (in words, picture, music, film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement? D O N
Some people argue that cars should be banned in city centres while others are against this idea. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion. Rahi
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. hamedpa
Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?Give reasons for your answer.Write at least 250 words.(Question from: http://www.ielts-exam.net/ielts_writing_samples_task_2/728/) Jittip

Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Children's education is expensive. In some countries, the government pays some of or all of the costs. Do the advantages outweigh its disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think? What solutions can you suggest? Justin
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon

Many people believe that media coverage of celebrities is having a negative effect on children.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
The diagram below shows career paths in the travel industry. Write a report. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon