You are hereClimate change is now an accepted threat of our planet, but there is not enough political actions to control excessive consumerism and pollution.Do you agree or disagree? What measure can be taken to help the process?

Climate change is now an accepted threat of our planet, but there is not enough political actions to control excessive consumerism and pollution.Do you agree or disagree? What measure can be taken to help the process?

dnaserbakht's picture

By dnaserbakht - Posted on 04 February 2013

Climate change is now an accepted threat of our planet, but there is not enough political actions to control excessive consumerism and pollution.
Do you agree or disagree?
What measure can be taken to help the process?

It is believed that our planet’s weather have been changing recently, although the amount of pollution and consumerism have a great deal of effect on global warming which cannot be controlled because each personal life styles are affecting. There are many things that cause the pollution such as, population or the increase of private cars in streets. I agree to some extent, it’s a team work between people and governments to solve these problems.

Undoubtedly, it became a controversial issue to deal with problems which are caused by the population like consumerism and pollution. There are many factors which influences pollution like the poor public transportation. As it becomes less active, more cars will appear in streets. Another point is that while we are producing a lot of new, worthless things in a short period of time we actually will help the culture of consumerism growth which is not good.

To solve these problems, it would be wonderful if people force themselves to be more concerned about their planet and governments should plan for better public services in order to decrease the pollution. They can add more buses or taxis for daily transportation and decrease the prices to encourage people to use them. In order to control the consumerism, companies ought to produce high quality products to avoid creating rubbish. Therefore, people will be more loyal to their appliance and they will be happy and less demanding.

Lastly, people and governments must face the fact that despite natural climate change, we are causing some serious problems which lead to global warming. Thus, we have to take some actions like decreasing the pollution by using public transportation or not to just be a consumer and being worried about the earth in order to avoid this man made effect on climate.

The costs of international travel are decreasing and tourism is growing. What are the advantages and disadvantages of increasing tourism activity in different countries? Madhuka sticky icon
“Most old people are suffering from two main problems. One of them is loneliness and the second one is poor fitness. What are the causes of these problems and what could be done to reduce the effects that might result from these problems?” aisha.oab sticky icon
General Training task 1You eat at a restaurant every week. However, you found an unsatisfied thing in your last experience. Write a letter to restaurant manager. It should contain:•Explain your experience•Say what is wrong with it•Say how to fix it, and g indra13
animals are used by human beings for profit in many ways. however, some people do not agree with this use of animals. discuss both views and express your own opinion. Avkirat
The chart below gives information on the global sale of hybrid vehicles * between 2006 and 2009.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.*vehicles that use both fuel and electricity fikri
Children should be never educated at home by their parent. Do you agree or disagree S 7
IELTS essay: moving for a new life or stay at one place natasha
It has been said, "Not everything that is learned is contained in books." Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why? Sahlan Zuliansyah
Some people think that to have successful life you have to have university education, while others think it’s not that important. Discuss both views and give your opinion based on personal experience and knowledge. Bin
In many countries television shows many foreign-made programs. The dominance of imported entertainment is harmful to the cultures of these countries. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Marchelaona

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. devabe2005 IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Universities should accept equal number of male and female student in every subject.To what extent di yiu agree or disagree ? dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that national sport teams and individual men and women who represent their country should be financially supported by the government. Others think they should be funded by non-government ways (such as business, scholarship). What is yo Hao IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision making positions in governments; others however disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Blackgold IELTS Writing Task II
Writing Task 1-Write at least 150 words. The graphs below give information about computer ownership as a percentage of thepopulation between 2002 and 2010, and by level of education for the years 2002 and2010.Summarise the information by selecting and rep amelia IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. nguyenkhaccuong IELTS Writing Task II

Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
When international media (including movies, fashion shows, advertisements and other TV programmes) convey the same messages to the global audience, people argue that the expansion of international media has negative impacts on cultural diversity. What is skeet sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Transport Modes in a European City 1960-2000 djongiskhan IELTS Writing Task I
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task I
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows how money was spent on different forms of entertainment over a five-year period. snasirova IELTS Writing Task I