Essay topics: Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which you consider to be the most effective.
Among the six choices of media for communicating information, I choose television, books and radios as the three that I will be discussing about. I will be including the advantages, disadvantaged as well as which I consider to be the most effective in my paragraphs below.
Firstly, I will be discussing about television. The advantage of television is it is a media that is suitable for all age groups. For instance, children like to watch cartoons, teenagers like to watch dramas, middle-aged people and aged people like to watch variety shows like cooking, fashion designing and singing competitions as well as the news. The disadvantage is it may result in some children and teenagers picking up bad habits or interpret wrong ideas from the shows and follow them.
Secondly, books. The advantage of using books as a media to communicate information is it will benefits those who like to read. However, this can be a disadvantage too, as not all the people enjoys reading. Lastly, radio. The advantage is most working class people likes to listen to radio when they are on their way to work, and through radio, audiences also get to know about what is happening around the world without watching the news. However, the disadvantage is most children and teenagers prefer to listen to their favourite idols music rather than listening to radio. Therefore, the audience group for books and radio will be much smaller when compared to television.
In conclusion, I find that television is the most effective media for communication information, as it had a larger group of audience. It also brings joy to the audience at the same time when communicating information, and this may help audiences to remember the information given better.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|5 months 1 week ago||tvaishnavi||67||Read full essay|
|6 months 4 weeks ago||FlorinHF||84||Read full essay|
|7 months 12 hours ago||FlorinHF||87||Read full essay|
|2 years 6 days ago||battulakeerthisri||70||Read full essay|
|2 years 2 months ago||dzetto||60||Read full essay|
|2 years 8 months ago||pd010||60||Read full essay|
|2 years 8 months ago||kya||70||Read full essay|
|2 years 8 months ago||renofitriasari||50||Read full essay|
|3 years 2 weeks ago||ASOA||80||Read full essay|
|3 years 4 months ago||eddysuaib||57.5||Read full essay|
- some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (76.66670000000001)
- Writing Task 1 (at least 150 words)The pie charts below show how dangerous waste products are dealt with in three countries.summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.images:http://www.ielts (70)
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which you consider to be the most effective.-comics-books-radio-television-film-theatre (61.25)
- Writing Task 1 (at least 150 words)The table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999.summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (51.4286)
- Writing Task 1 (at least 150 words)The diagrams below show the site of a school in 2004 and the plan for changes to the school site on 2024,summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (83.33329999999999)
- Celebrities such as singers and film stars earn too much money, buy too many goods and care too little about other people.to what extent do you think this is true?should anything be done to change the situation? (62.1429)
- Writing Task 1 (at least 150 words)The graphs below provide information on global population ﬁgures and ﬁgures for urban populations in different world regions. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons w (72)
- Tests and examinations are a central feature of school systems in many countries. Do you think the educational benefits of testing outweigh any disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer, and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experi (78.33329999999999)
- Writing Task 1 (at least 150 words)The graph below shows the total value of exports and the value of fuel, food and manufactured goods exported by one country from 2000 to 2005.summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and ma (73.33329999999999)
- Writing Task 1 (at least 150 words)The table below shows CO2 emissions for different forms of transport in the European Union. The Pie Chart shows the percentage of European Union funds being spent on different forms of transport.Write a report for a univ (72.8571)