Computer technologies are more accessible and cheaper as the result more adults work at home and children study at home Is this a positive or negative development

Computer technologies are more accessible and cheaper, as the result, more adults work at home and children study at home. Is this a positive or negative development?

With the development of computer technology, people prefer to work or study at home for convenience and saving money. It has sparked controversy over whether working and studying at home is beneficial. From my point of view, the practice's advantages outweigh its disadvantages.

One of most obvious advantages of this development is great flexibility, and this can make people become more efficient. Working and studying at home means people can decide how to manage their time by themselves and change their schedule when necessary. For instance, employees are able to arrange the orders of their workday and list which is the most important thing to do in their tasks. In some emergencies, there may be more flexible time which is given to them to handle the problems. As a result, the flexibility which is provided by working or studying at home can promote the efficiency greatly.

However, when considering some features of telecommunicating, it should be noted that this trend may bring some problems. As we know, telecommunication can not make people meet face to face yet, but most people use it to work and study at home. This may affect people's efficiency. For instance, when let employees work at home, employers may have difficulty in monitoring and evaluating employees' performance. In this situation, some employees would be lazy, so the efficiency may be reduced.

It is therefore reasonable to think that the advantage of working and s studying at home should be accepted with caution. Although there are a lot of convenience to work and study in this way, it is also essential to build a supervising system to prevent the efficiency from reducing.