You are hereAs computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. Do you agree or disagree?

As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. Do you agree or disagree?

rawbin's picture

By rawbin - Posted on 03 January 2011

As the technology is becoming more advanced everyday new innovation is being done and the students are using computers in education more often. For doing research or learning new ideas computers are being used. Because of this some people are thinking that in future the teacher might be replaced by the computers in classroom.

Virtual classroom is one of the major example that is making big wave among the youth in today’s context. They can do their study with the help of computers in their own time and own place, and this will drastically save their time and money. Not only students but the education institution can also save huge amount of money on its faculties which they can invest in some other fields of their institution. Also, machine learning is considered to be more effective in the field of research.

Beside these advantages there are some negative aspects as well such as students might find the problem in understanding the lesson and they can not do the interaction with the computers for example it will be unidirectional computer gives lesson but you are able to rise the question to the computers. On the other side if it was the physical classroom then the student can raise the issue immediately and teachers might help to clear the problem but in this case computer is not able to do that. Also, in computer learning students may get bored from continuous looking at the computer and doing study for long hour, which might let them to ignore the lesson or say they became a bit of lazy.

Although, there are some disadvantages on maximum use of computers in education, I believe that soon in future there won’t be no role for teachers in the classroom.