countries should try to produce all the food and inport as little food as possible. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, globalization, which emphasize on circulation of goods and capitals, is the leading trend in the development of the world. Thus, the arguement that countries should try to maximize the domestic production of food but to minimize the import is obviouly unreasonable.

The first thing must be noted is that it is hard to produce all food within a certain country as growing crops demands a large input of resources, such as labor, money, arable lands and machinery, which are limited in a limited area. Importing food instead of growing them can save much resources and in order to equilibrize the development in both agriculture and industries.

Moreover, import food from foreign countries can bring great benefits. The most obvious one is that people can have more choices when they go to the groceries or the markets, which to some extent enhance the living standards of the citizens. Further more, the food market can be more attractive and various by importing new kinds of food so that domestic consumption is certainly promoted and GDP will have a great increase. That is to say, importing food can boost the domestic economy.

In general, self-efficiency is no longer applicable in today's world while importing food is definitely necessary as it not only boost the domestic economy but also optimize the distribution of limited resources.