Countries spend a great amount of money on sport competitors to win It is better for them to use such money to encourage children to take up sports from the early age To what extent do you agree

Countries spend a great amount of money on sport competitors to win. It is better for them to use such money to encourage children to take up sports from the early age. To what extent do you agree?

Whether money should be spent on sport competitions or not remains a controversial issue. While some people support the proposal, others, myself included, believe that money should be better used to support youngsters to take up sports.

The encouragement of playing sport in early age of children is important for a country. Firstly, children are the backbone of a country in the future, so taking care of their well-being is crucial for governments. Playing sports does not only help children to become more physically healthy but it also helps them to enhance their communication skills greatly. Sports like football and basketball require players to have a good teamwork, which is an important skill for their future career. Furthermore, obesity and diabetes are on the growth, especially in the group of young generation. This is mainly caused by the lack of physical exercise and understanding the importance of physical activities, which stresses further the essence of encouraging children to play sports.

Nevertheless, some people still insist on investing on the athletes. They believe that children would be inspired by these sport stars and this would stimulate them to play sports. However, this is not the case in some developing countries where there are not sufficient facilities to support children in these kinds of physical activities. Because of the main focus on economic growth, many stadiums and playgrounds are clear to replace the big construction buildings. As a result, children have very limited options in playing sports. For example, in my area, a lot of football fields and sports clubs had to close down to give place to more profitable constructions such as shopping malls, office buildings and hotels. Consequently, children feel discouraged to continue to play sports afterwards because of lacking the facilities.

In conclusion, the importance of supporting children to play sports cannot be denied. Thus, it is more sensible for governments to invest on the program of encouraging young people to play sports.

Get ideas by other users:
http://www.testbig.com/users/sfaht1
http://www.testbig.com/users/tessy-james