Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to be a member of a group than to be the leader of a group.

People work such a group at various places of the world and there is one person who is leader at the group. The members of group choose their leader who is relatively above others with specific features and also has leadership ability. Each leader should represent his group at different places well and always work for developing group. It is better to be a member of a group than to be the leader of a group. I totally disagree with this view.

Firstly, when somebody is a chief of group, he can improve himself profusely. As evidence, at our higher school Revan is a leader of group and he was sent to another country for representing our school. So this enabled him to broaden his horizons and to learn more information about that country. As well he meets other people and different students and it fosters him to learn how he can speak people who have diverse outlook.

Secondly, when someone is leader, most work depends on him and he is always supposed to rescue his group from difficult situation. Also, the leader has little time for rest and good chief should do one’s best for his group. For these reasons, the leader is used to hard conditions and he is more enduring and bearable.

Nevertheless, sometimes the group does not accomplish success and members blame the chief for it. At such time the leader is not willing to work for group and is frustrated. Occasionally working for group may prevent the leader’s personal matter. For instance, Revan has much work for doing and it takes a toll on his education. So he barely passed exams last year.

Summarizing, if the leader is more hard-working, he might overcome all difficulties. I recommend that members should select the best leader and the leader is expected to do everything for acquiring the confidence of the group members.