"Fatherhood ought to be emphasized as much as motherhood. The idea that women are solely responsible for deciding whether or not to have babies leads on to the idea that they are also responsible for bringing up their children."To what extent do you agree

"Fatherhood ought to be emphasized as much as motherhood. The idea that women are solely responsible for deciding whether or not to have babies leads on to the idea that they are also responsible for bringing up their children."
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Today's life demands a social, as well as economical, political equality between men and women. Is it the same way in the families with mothers and fathers?

Back in old times, centuries ago, it was believed that women were the only ones responsible for bringing up their children, and men's responsibilities were to work and provide for their family financially. This, however, has been changed over years in many countries and societies. But there are still cultures and countries out there, where women are to bring up their children alone, without any direct help of fathers. With today's economical development, political and social changes it is not easy and at the same time not acceptable that women should remain home looking after children. More and more women are being engaged in different activities of different fields each year. But how is or how should the raise of children be shared between parents?

The idea varies from person to person, from family to family depending on the environment and culture they live and have grown up. My personal opinion is that both parents are equally responsible for raising their children. A child needs both his/her father and mother while growing up. Being a single parent or having to bring up a child alone is difficult. Raising children with support is helpful for parents and is good for the child's psychology.

A child who feels the absence of a parent's role or of a parent in his/her childhood can be affected by it which could lead to further complications in his/her adult life as well. That is why I think that both parents must be very attentive about their child growing up.