Finding a job for youth after leaving school has become more difficult What problem does youth employment cause for individual and society What measures can be taken to reduce the level of unemployment

Finding a job for youth after leaving school has become more difficult. What problem does youth employment cause for individual and society? What measures can be taken to reduce the level of unemployment?

One of the most pressing short term, as well as long term challenges the society especially the young generation facing today is youth unemployment. In this essay, I am going to discuss some detrimental effects of youth unemployment on individuals plus on the greater community we live in and propose some ways to overcome the growing problem of youth unemployment.

Over the recent decades, due to their lack of work experience most of the young graduates are struggling to be successful in job hunting. As a result Youth employment has been creating several problems for individuals and for society as a whole. First, for remaining unemployed the youth become financially distressed and face difficulty to pay their bills including mountainous student loan they took during their studies. Second, this financial worries and insecurity may cause serious damage to individual's mental health. To the extreme, one can commit suicide because of the feeling of worthlessness for the family and for the society. The big picture of youth unemployment is that people are less able to contribute efficiently to national development. Youth unemployment can also leads to social unrest and political revolution. A good illustration of this is recent Arab movement where young Arab generation showed protest due to highest rate of youth unemployment in their history.

There are several ways to address this problem. The best way to overcome this problem is to encourage young people to establish their own business. For example, in India, government allowed a lot of young people to start their own business when the youth unemployment level exceeded about 70 percent in last decade. Another option may be to make a link between education system and practical skills so that one can implement the knowledge what he or she has learned from college to their workplace. A third option could be to engage young stars in vocational training like things which will make them more prepared for work and also enables them to compete with more experienced worker.

Youth unemployment has undoubtedly a lot of negative consequences and we ,as a community and of course government should take some necessary steps to lower the rate of youth unemployment and make this world a better place to live in.

Youth unemployment can also leads to social unrest
Suggestion: Youth unemployment can also lead to social unrest

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts