Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?Give reasons for your answer.Write at least 250 words.(Question from: http://www.ielts-exam.net/ielts_writing_samples_task_2/728/)

Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?

Give reasons for your answer.

Write at least 250 words.

(Question from: http://www.ielts-exam.net/ielts_writing_samples_task_2/728/)

Freedom of speech is an origins freedom of liberal world. However, many people argue that sometimes we should restrict this right in order to maintain social harmony or state security. This point of view occurred even in free societies. For example, some countries denied people to express favor of Nazi ideologies. This essay describes why I totally refuse this opinion.

There were three main reasons for free societies to not abandon freedom of expression. Firstly, freedom of speech is a pillar of free societies itself because it have made another kind of freedom possible. For example, we hardly to imagine how people can stop authorities to abuse their bodies or properties if the not even have the right to speak that they don’t prefer it. It is not necessary to say that people participation or free election cannot be occurred if people not have the right to critic policies or candidates. We can do all of these only when we have freedom to speak as a precondition.

The following reason, some people may argue that even free societies have laws to protect people from harmful; however, speech is not an action. In other words, even hardest words harm nothing. Therefore, I accept that free societies have the right to stop dangerous action coming from speech, but it not has the right to blind the right to speak. It is undeniable that people have ability to said stupid words but free societies civilize enough to deal with it by neglect, tolerate, or social punishments like banned that people from communities.

For the last reason, worse speech still can give benefits to societies. Like scholar said: the function of bad idea is to make us know what is good idea look like. For instance, when some people speak support Nazi regime, public will turned to critics it and demonstrates why we should not listen to them, and, this will make children know how holocaust was terrible. Moreover, it is not necessary to say that some dangerous words in the past like Christian gospel can turn to be valuable words when the time was past. Thus, why we not leave the speech test its value by time instead of act like roman soldiers who execute Jesus.

All in all, freedom of expression is an important component of free societies. Moreover, we have another ways to deal with bad word in particular let it is experimented its value by time.

Sentence: Freedom of speech is an origins freedom of liberal world.
Suggestion: Refer to origins and freedom

Sentence: There were three main reasons for free societies to not abandon freedom of expression.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a negator
Suggestion: Refer to to and not

Sentence: For example, we hardly to imagine how people can stop authorities to abuse their bodies or properties if the not even have the right to speak that they don't prefer it.
Description: The fragment we hardly to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace hardly with adjective
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a negator
Suggestion: Refer to the and not

Sentence: It is undeniable that people have ability to said stupid words but free societies civilize enough to deal with it by neglect, tolerate, or social punishments like banned that people from communities.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to to and said

public will turned to critics
public will be turned to critics

why we not leave the speech test its value
why not leave the speech tests its value

Sentence: Moreover, we have another ways to deal with bad word in particular let it is experimented its value by time.
Description: The word let is not usually used as a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to let