Global warming is one of the most serious issues that the world is facing today What are the causes of global warming and what measures can governments and individuals take to tackle the issue

Global warming is one of the most serious issues that the world is facing today.

What are the causes of global warming and what measures can governments and individuals take to tackle the issue?

By and large, as we all know, greenhouse gases are causing/responsible for climate change resulting in natural disasters. We all saw on television and some of us have even experienced a massive tsunami or storm, which made us aware of the changing conditions on earth.

The two main reasons of this change are the continuously rising population and land that is turning to desert. The number of people living on the planet is rising towards ten billion. In addition, they all use fossil fuels to warm their houses, to prepare meals, to make transportations, etc. Furthermore, the amount of exhaust gases is bearing down on us in a way that nature is not capable anymore to neutralize it. Another consideration is that almost two third of our planet has been turning to desert. Moreover, this process is also responsible for the release of removing it out of the atmosphere through/by green vegetation. Measures must be taken urgently in order to reverse global warming.

Governments should stimulate the development of newer technologies in order to make us less depended of oil, gas, and carbon. In addition, they can also promote and subsidize the implementation of renewable energy such as solar panels and wind turbines. However, probably the most significant approach to make is the returning of the desert in green land. Governments should pay more attention on it because the knowhow is available and not expensive.

Individuals should be more aware of the consequences of using depletable resources for future generation. Commuting by public transport, carpooling, using more our bike when possible, etc. will reduce greenhouse gases.

It is obvious for our well-being, that humanity should tackle climate change. Both governments and individuals should be aware of the consequences and act in order to reverse global warming.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts