Government investment in the arts, such as music and theatre, is a waste of money. Governments must invest this money in public services instead.To what extent do yo u agree with this statement?

Essay topics: Government investment in the arts, such as music and theatre, is a waste of money. Governments must invest this money in public services instead.
To what extent do yo u agree with this statement?

drsaminayasmin's picture

With the advent of globalization it is seen that countries are spending a lot of money on arts and music recently. Some people consider it as a waste of resources ,while some people think it is crucial for development of country. This essay will describe both aspects of this argument.

On one side people believe that this is waste of money . they think this money should be used to improve public services . for example health and basic education are more precious than art. There should be more funds for easy availability and affordability of these services to everyone. In their opinion music and theatre are luxuries . instead there are more serious issues . so they think spending money for music and theatre is useless and non productive.

On the other hand some people believe that spending resources on art is very reasonable and beneficial. One reason for this is that these entertainments are stress relievers . music and theatre are considered as relaxation therapy . so it is good for human nature. Another important reason is that art is representing culture of a country . these entertainments are becoming an important trade globally. It is good for development of country to exchange culture and art with neighbor countries. It is seen that in developed countries like America and England art industry is very poplar and organized. Even universities have very good learning programs for art and music.

In conclusion it is right that investments on basic life facilities is crucial for a country welfare, but art and culture are very important too. In my opinion there should be a balance for both. Spending money on culture and art is not a waste rather it is a good investment for country development.