A government;s role is only to provide defense capability and urban infrastructure (road , water supplies...). All other services ( education , health , social security) should be provided by private groups or individuals in the community. To what extend

A government;s role is only to provide defense capability and urban infrastructure (road , water supplies...). All other services ( education , health , social security) should be provided by private groups or individuals in the community. To what extend do you agree or disagree?

The government consists of high authorities figures, who are literally leaders of the nation. They are appointed and entrusted with responsibilities by the citizens. Therefore, the government should take well care of its citizens in every aspect of their life. Hence, I am in consummate discord with the above statement , which suggest government’s task is only providing defence capability and urban infrastructure , but neglecting other services (education , health , social security…) into the community’s shoulders.

Some may argue that the authorities may not do a competence job if all the work are solely handled by them , thus their preferences for private services . However , the low income class must be taken into consideration because these expensive services are unaffordable with their salaries. If this scheme is carried out, it is predictable that illiterate rate will rise due to inabilities to pay for educations , death rate increases because of lacking access to costly private health care services and crime rate rises of unaffordable social security services.

Therefore , only the government can solve these problems. Firstly ,educations should be provided to all children , healthcare services accessible for every citizen and high security level in every neighbourhood. In return , there will surely be a lower illiterate rate , larger talent pool occurring , descend in death rate and crime rates, respectively.

In conclusion , it is undebateably the government’s responsibility to look after its people in every single way, so as to ensure progress and prosperity for the nation.