The graph and table below give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The graph and table below give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Given are the graph and table providing information regarding to the water consumption by three sectors and two countries.

First glance at the line graph reveals, in the beginning of the 20th century, the only sector using water was agriculture and total water consumption was just 500 km3. Water use figures remained at the almost same level until 1950. From that time on, water started to be used for industrial and domestic purposes in addition to agricultural aims. For the next 50 years, agricultural water consumption indicated steep rise hitting its peak which was 2600km3 in 2000. Simultaneously, although both other sectors indicated upward trend in water use, at this point industrial water usage went considerably ahead of domestic usage, as it used as twice as its counterpart.

When it comes to the table, it can be seen, Brazil with population of 176mln and the irrigated land of 26500km2, utilized 45 times greater water that Democratic Republic of Congo, which had 5,2mln inhabitants and 100km2 area to be irrigated.

Overall, apparently, the greatest proportion of water was used for agricultural reason during given period and in terms of water usage Brazil significantly outrun Democratic Republic of Congo.