You are hereHouses and apartmentsSome people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment?

Houses and apartmentsSome people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment?

sandeep pooni's picture

By sandeep pooni - Posted on 14 June 2012

Houses and apartments
Some people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment?

Both houses and apartments have its own advantages and disadvantages. Someone can not judge which one is better in between home and set of rooms as it is depend upon individuals need. This essay is going to discuss both side benefits and limitations.

Some people think that house is better than a single room because it gives more relaxation to mind as there is more space than apartment. But opponents said that the house is not become home with just bricks and space, in house family member should have strong relation with each other. Many people said that management of goods and guest is easy in house. But others said that these matters can be adjustable as for guest we can share room and for things we can cut our needs.

It is claimed that apartments are cheaper than houses. However, space is problem in apartments this point decreases value of low price advantage.
Although many people believe that in apartments people need less things like only one television which has double profit for someone as it cut his electricity bill also, but I feel that it creates clashes between family members as every body want to see his favorite channel.

I think this is not an either / or question. Both have equal importance in the world. It is tough to choose which is better as it depends upon many factors like economic position, personal taste and availability.

School children are becoming far too dependent on computers. This is having an alarming effect on reading and writing skills. Teachers need to avoid using computers in the classroom at all costs and go back to teaching basic study skills.Do you agree or d falks405
The diagram below shows how coffee is produced and prepared for sale in supermarkets and shops. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-p mandy19.2q sticky icon
Some people feel that entertainers (e.g. film starts, pop musicians and sports starts) are paid too much money.Do you agree or disagree?Which other type of jobs should be highly paid? grt2bagal
In the past, people usually stayed in one place throughout their life. These days, people often move around. They often live in several different places in their lifetime. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both? rkd
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do so. Give example and reasons to support. Tessy James sticky icon
Nowadays we are producing more and more rubbish.Why do you think this is happening?What can Government do to help reduce the amount of rubbish production? amab sticky icon
Some people think that large, impressive buildings are important for a city. Others believe that the money should be spent on improving schools and hospitals.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Sekar Hanafi
The graph below gives information from 2008 a report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030. fialka
More and more people are relying on the private car as their major means of transportation. Describe some of problems over reliance on cars can cause, and suggest at least one possible solution. Zarna Patel
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.Write at least 150 words. anhhv92 sticky icon

The bar chart below gives information the percentage of the population living in urban areas in different parts of the world. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Kal-El
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
The given pie chart below shows the adult numeracy competencies in 24 different countries. -Syerapke- (rewrite) eddysuaib
People as my idols that really guide me to get better life hasna zeal
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.Write a letter to complain about a situation in which some adolescents let their dogs run wildly causing dangerous.You should write at least 150 words.You do NOT need to write your own address. Begin your let eddysuaib sticky icon
You live in a room in a college where you share with another student. You find it very difficult to work there because your roommate always has friends visiting. He/She has parties in the room and sometimes borrows your things without asking you.Write a l eddysuaib
Having a balanced diet and eating balanced meals is the key to a healthy life.To what extent do you agree or disagree? homanhtai
The graph below gives information about how much people in the United States and the United Kingdom spend on petrol.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. mrmo2610 sticky icon
You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport.Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter:• explain where you live• describe the problem• give reasons why you do not pip depp b b
The bar chart below shows the number of students in three different courses from 2001 - 2004. eddysuaib

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The graph and bar chart below show the average monthly rainfall and temperature for one region of East Africa. Rafael
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status carmela6

Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon

Sentence: Someone can not judge which one is better in between home and set of rooms as it is depend upon individuals need.
Description: The word in is not usually used as an adverb, particle
Suggestion: Refer to in
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to is and depend

Sentence: Although many people believe that in apartments people need less things like only one television which has double profit for someone as it cut his electricity bill also, but I feel that it creates clashes between family members as every body want to see his favorite channel.
Description: The fragment body want to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace want with verb, past tense

Sentence: I think this is not an either / or question.
Description: A preposition is not usually followed by a conjunction, coordinating
Suggestion: Refer to / and or

Read sample essays and try to put more words.