You are hereHouses and apartmentsSome people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment?

Houses and apartmentsSome people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment?

sandeep pooni's picture

By sandeep pooni - Posted on 14 June 2012

Houses and apartments
Some people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment?

Both houses and apartments have its own advantages and disadvantages. Someone can not judge which one is better in between home and set of rooms as it is depend upon individuals need. This essay is going to discuss both side benefits and limitations.

Some people think that house is better than a single room because it gives more relaxation to mind as there is more space than apartment. But opponents said that the house is not become home with just bricks and space, in house family member should have strong relation with each other. Many people said that management of goods and guest is easy in house. But others said that these matters can be adjustable as for guest we can share room and for things we can cut our needs.

It is claimed that apartments are cheaper than houses. However, space is problem in apartments this point decreases value of low price advantage.
Although many people believe that in apartments people need less things like only one television which has double profit for someone as it cut his electricity bill also, but I feel that it creates clashes between family members as every body want to see his favorite channel.

I think this is not an either / or question. Both have equal importance in the world. It is tough to choose which is better as it depends upon many factors like economic position, personal taste and availability.

The greatness of an individual can be decided only by those who live after them not by their contempories. yogi
some people think museums should be enjoyable places to attract and entertain people, but others think the purpose of museums is to educate, not to entertain, discuss both views and give your own opinion. zhuxiaozhao
Explain some of the ways in which humans are damaging the environment. What can governments do to address these problems? What can individual people do? bahruz
Happiness is considered very important in life.Why is it difficult to define?What factors are important in achieving happiness? Zhingyilow
Parents and teachers make many rules for children to encourage good behavior and protect them from danger. However, children would benefit from fewer rules and greater freedom.To what extent do you agree or disagree? Fakron Jamalin
Average Marriage Age in England and Wales Sari Ramadhani Putri
The pie charts below show electricity generation by source in New Zealand and Germany in 1980 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.http://www.ielts-exam.net/academic_writing_s Umb221
More and more students are choosing to study at colleges and universities in a foreign country. Do the benefits of studying abroad outweigh the drawbacks? Ksenia
In many countries schools have severe problems with student behavior What do you think are the causes of this ? What solutions can you suggest ? Dilbar sticky icon
The table illustrates the population size of 10 major countries in the year 2010 and 2100. The figures demonstrate a clear increase in population size in 2100 compared to 2010. Neeshiya Fernando

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In some parts of the world it is becoming popular to research the history of one's own family. Why might people want to do this? Is it a positive or negative development? skeet IELTS Writing Task II
Action movies with spectacular car chases are very popular with young people.It is often said that these sorts of movies lead to increase in car accidents among young drivers as they try to copy what they have seen in films.Do you agree that such movies i awais IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think zoos are cruel and all the zoos should be closed. However, some people think that zoos are useful to protect the rare animals. Discuss both views and give your opinion. jeffzhou IELTS Writing Task II
In many countries, the quality of life in the large cities is worsening. What possibly can cause this problem? What measures can be taken to resolve it? Madhuka IELTS
Water is a natural resource that should always be free. Governments should ban the sale of bottled water.To what extent do you agree or disagree? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
There are many types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important and should it be preserved or is international music that is heard everywhere nowadays more useful to a society? muthup IELTS Writing Task II

Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that national sport teams and individual men and women who represent their country should be financially supported by the government. Others think they should be funded by non-government ways (such as business, scholarship). What is yo Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
When international media (including movies, fashion shows, advertisements and other TV programmes) convey the same messages to the global audience, people argue that the expansion of international media has negative impacts on cultural diversity. What is skeet sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task I
Even though globalization affects the world's economics in a very positive way,its negative side should not be forgotten.Discuss dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
There are many different type of music in the world today.Why do we need music?Is the traditional music of a country more important then the international music that heard everywhere nowadays ? dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II

Sentence: Someone can not judge which one is better in between home and set of rooms as it is depend upon individuals need.
Description: The word in is not usually used as an adverb, particle
Suggestion: Refer to in
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to is and depend

Sentence: Although many people believe that in apartments people need less things like only one television which has double profit for someone as it cut his electricity bill also, but I feel that it creates clashes between family members as every body want to see his favorite channel.
Description: The fragment body want to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace want with verb, past tense

Sentence: I think this is not an either / or question.
Description: A preposition is not usually followed by a conjunction, coordinating
Suggestion: Refer to / and or

Read sample essays and try to put more words.