You are hereHouses and apartmentsSome people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment?

Houses and apartmentsSome people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment?

sandeep pooni's picture

By sandeep pooni - Posted on 14 June 2012

Houses and apartments
Some people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment?

Both houses and apartments have its own advantages and disadvantages. Someone can not judge which one is better in between home and set of rooms as it is depend upon individuals need. This essay is going to discuss both side benefits and limitations.

Some people think that house is better than a single room because it gives more relaxation to mind as there is more space than apartment. But opponents said that the house is not become home with just bricks and space, in house family member should have strong relation with each other. Many people said that management of goods and guest is easy in house. But others said that these matters can be adjustable as for guest we can share room and for things we can cut our needs.

It is claimed that apartments are cheaper than houses. However, space is problem in apartments this point decreases value of low price advantage.
Although many people believe that in apartments people need less things like only one television which has double profit for someone as it cut his electricity bill also, but I feel that it creates clashes between family members as every body want to see his favorite channel.

I think this is not an either / or question. Both have equal importance in the world. It is tough to choose which is better as it depends upon many factors like economic position, personal taste and availability.

king somewhere

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it a valuable work experience, which is important for learning and taking responsibility. What is your opinion? Dilbar sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth with poorer nations by providing them with things such as food and education? Or is this the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens? narmin.19
IELTS task 1 Madhuka
The table and bar chart show how journey times in a city center changed after improvements were made to the transport network, and the costs of using different forms of transport in the city.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main fe AJIGAYUH
The internet when used as a source of information, has more drawbacks than advantages. To what extent do you agree with this statement? jackykeizen@gma...
Modern forms of communication such as email and messaging having reduced the amount of time people spend seeing their friends. This has had a negative effect on their social lives. That what extent do you agree or disagree? affan baskra
Safety of environment is a world wide concern. Administrations and social organizations play their part in this matter. Individuals do not contribute in the safety of environment Amandeep Singh
According to recent study, the more time people use the Internet, the less time they spend with real human beings. Should we worry about the effect this is having on social interaction or should we see the Internet as a way opening up new communication po Priyap
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views Fakron Jamalin
Sample IELTS speaking: family (general) essayking

Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Some people think women should be allowed to join the army, the navy and the air force just like men. To what extent do you agree or disagree? eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Climate change is now an accepted threat of our planet, but there is not enough political actions to control excessive consumerism and pollution.Do you agree or disagree? What measure can be taken to help the process? dnaserbakht IELTS
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee IELTS
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views ridaakzar IELTS
Some people think that managerial posts in private companies and in governments are more suitable for men. Others think that given the opportunity, women can be successful managers. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion. the beauty of E... IELTS Writing Task II
When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. Mita Puspasari IELTS

Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures. This money should be spent instead on health education drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society? eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the percentage change in the number of international students graduating from universities in different Canadian provinces between 2001 and 2006. lambda IELTS Writing Task I

Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think secondary students should study international news as a school subject, but others suggest that it is a waste of students' valuable school time. Discuss both and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university.Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowl HoneyUK sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

Sentence: Someone can not judge which one is better in between home and set of rooms as it is depend upon individuals need.
Description: The word in is not usually used as an adverb, particle
Suggestion: Refer to in
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to is and depend

Sentence: Although many people believe that in apartments people need less things like only one television which has double profit for someone as it cut his electricity bill also, but I feel that it creates clashes between family members as every body want to see his favorite channel.
Description: The fragment body want to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace want with verb, past tense

Sentence: I think this is not an either / or question.
Description: A preposition is not usually followed by a conjunction, coordinating
Suggestion: Refer to / and or

Read sample essays and try to put more words.