You are hereHouses and apartmentsSome people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment?

Houses and apartmentsSome people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment?

sandeep pooni's picture

By sandeep pooni - Posted on 14 June 2012

Houses and apartments
Some people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment?

Both houses and apartments have its own advantages and disadvantages. Someone can not judge which one is better in between home and set of rooms as it is depend upon individuals need. This essay is going to discuss both side benefits and limitations.

Some people think that house is better than a single room because it gives more relaxation to mind as there is more space than apartment. But opponents said that the house is not become home with just bricks and space, in house family member should have strong relation with each other. Many people said that management of goods and guest is easy in house. But others said that these matters can be adjustable as for guest we can share room and for things we can cut our needs.

It is claimed that apartments are cheaper than houses. However, space is problem in apartments this point decreases value of low price advantage.
Although many people believe that in apartments people need less things like only one television which has double profit for someone as it cut his electricity bill also, but I feel that it creates clashes between family members as every body want to see his favorite channel.

I think this is not an either / or question. Both have equal importance in the world. It is tough to choose which is better as it depends upon many factors like economic position, personal taste and availability.

apastyRag Ethiopia

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

As populations grow and cities become more crowded, there is pressure throughout the world to construct ever-taller building to provide accommodation and offices. Many people object to such developments, citing the social as well as the physical dangers. lekhani
wriring task 1 Maryam80
Some of the methods used in advertising are unethical and unacceptable in today's society. To what extend do you agree or disagree. shirin
It has been said, “Not every thing that is learned is contained in books.”Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why? marzieh
When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? adam
Some people argue that companies and private indiciduals, not goverments, should pay the bill of pollution clean.up. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Domilina
The world has been an enormous increase in flight for leisure, business and commercial purposes around the world over recent years.what do you think are the main advantages and disadvantages of such flights.Do you think flights should be taxed more? Ramandeep Kaur
In the developed world, average life expectancy is increasing. What problems will this cause for individuals and society? Suggest some measures that could be taken to reduce the impact of ageing populations. kryztn30
Some people consider that thinking about and planning for the future to be a waste of time. They argue that people should simply live in moment. Do you agree or not/what is your opinion? Gurpreet Kaur Bhangu
Most of the schools are planning to replace sports and exercise classes with more academic sessions. What is your opinion on this change? How is this change will affect children’s life in your view? devabe2005

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
The bar chart shows the scores of teams A,B and C over four different seasons. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. shi24
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you. When and where you used the taxi. Describe a problem you have faced.What do you expect the manager to do? Barb.a

Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon

Sentence: Someone can not judge which one is better in between home and set of rooms as it is depend upon individuals need.
Description: The word in is not usually used as an adverb, particle
Suggestion: Refer to in
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to is and depend

Sentence: Although many people believe that in apartments people need less things like only one television which has double profit for someone as it cut his electricity bill also, but I feel that it creates clashes between family members as every body want to see his favorite channel.
Description: The fragment body want to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace want with verb, past tense

Sentence: I think this is not an either / or question.
Description: A preposition is not usually followed by a conjunction, coordinating
Suggestion: Refer to / and or

Read sample essays and try to put more words.