You are hereIELTS essay: Children learn best by observing the behavior of adults and copying it.

IELTS essay: Children learn best by observing the behavior of adults and copying it.

By essayking - Posted on 11 October 2005

The Process of growing up is very complex for children. Among countless factors that influence children's growth, the behavior of adults plays a significant role in shaping children's inclination and character. After the baby is born, the first and the nearest adults are his/her parents. Although the baby is just slur pronunciation, the little baby has started to learn from their parents by observing and copying the adults' talk. This learning environment is important for the babies.

There is a special case reported by the press. A baby was abandoned when she was born. A sow fed her as a piglet. When she was about eight years old, some villagers found her, her intelligence was just similar to the two-year old baby and all of her behaviors were looked like a pig. From this case, we know child is a "mirror" which will reflect the behavior of the closet adults.

Along with the children's growth, adults will influence them much more, such as logical thinking, making decision, cooperation with others, etc.. The behavior of adults can give children both good and bad influence. Most of the behaviors represent adults' inclination. For instance, if media report chiefly on the shadow side of the society, children will easily incline to violence and excessive sex. Therefore, they will be infected with bad mental state.

Behavior is a direct and convincing method to teach children. Things are easier said than done. Parents always tell children those principles repeatedly, but most children can not accept it through these boring method. Adults’ behavior is the most effective education method to let them observe the whole process of how to deal with the problems. The children will learn from you naturally.

Children are like young trees, they need to be carefully irrigated, fertilized and trimmed. Your behavior will be greatly helpful to shape them into useful talents.

tuposwmv france

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

harry india

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

Ekhlas US / Iraq

Modern forms of communication such as email and messaging have reduced the amount of time people spend seeing their friends. This has had a negative effect on their social lives.What extent do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and includ eddysuaib
In recent years, people watch more movies from overseas? What are the reasons for this? Should the government give financial support to local cinema to produce local films? Mubariz
The charts below show the number of Japanese tourists travelling abroad between 1985 and 1995 and Australia's share of the Japanese tourist market.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.•You should write at least 1 Tessy James sticky icon
In some countries, young people are encouraged to travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. Give reasons for your answer and include an fantasyta
In some countries children have very strict rules of behavior, in other countries they are allowed to do almost anything they want. To what extent should children have to follow rules? anhhv92
CRIME IS A BIG PROBLEM ALL ACCROSS THE WORLD.MANY BELIEVES THAT NOTHING CAN BE DONE TO PREVENT IT.TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE? blessykarthik
Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of tis outweigh the disadvantages? Momo Cherry-Cherry
The table and bar chart show how journey times in a city centre after improvements were made to the transport network, and the cost of using different forms of transport in the city.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main feature, an Rita Irianti
when a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep the alive.to what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Fakron Jamalin
Some people say that because many people are living much longer the age which people retire from work should be raised considerably.To what extend do you agree or disagree? Ghoul Azizkhan

Blood sports have become a hot topic for debate in recent years. As society develops it is increasingly seen as an uncivilized activity and cruel to the helpless animals that are killed. All blood sports should be banned. Discuss the main arguments for th falks405
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
The mass media, including TV, radio and newspapers, have great influence in shaping people’s ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer. mikrarlagowa
Creative artists should always be given freedom to express their own ideas (in words, picture, music, film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement? D O N
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Is talent show a good method of finding talented people or just an entertainment? (rewrite) eddysuaib
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. hamedpa
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee

The chart below show the main reasons for study among students of different age groups and the amount of support they received from employers. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features,and make comparison where relevant. SahinRza
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Children's education is expensive. In some countries, the government pays some of or all of the costs. Do the advantages outweigh its disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think? What solutions can you suggest? Justin
You are going to help your friend's child to teach lessons. Write a letter to a teacher you know and borrow some books.1. Explain about the child in details.2. When and where to teach3. Mention about the books you want to borrow. swapnay
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon

In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantage of giving aid to poor countries. skeet sticky icon
Many people believe that media coverage of celebrities is having a negative effect on children.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon