IELTS essay:Can scientists solve the problems they have created?

The human race has entered a completely new stage in its history. The era that science and scientists play a more and more important role in our live. But the rapid development of science and technologies has arisen some problems such as industrial pollution, resist of natural source, and some other social problems. This phenomenon has triggered a heated discussion as to whether can scientists solve the problems that they have created.

Before giving my opinion, I think it is necessary to see both sides of the argument.

People who hold skpecious view think that exceed development of science and technologies bring us more and more negative influence than positive ones. They assert that scientists will finally lose their control of science and technologies. The situation in some illusional movie will come to realistic. The natural source will be exhausted; the earth will be damaged by nuclear weapon; the human being will find nowhere to live on the earth; and the survivors of nuclear war will flat in the dark universe.

The other people take a positive point to the development of science and technologies. They welcome to the advance of science and technologies with applause, and think scientists is making our live more and more convenience and comfortable. They belive that the problems we face up today will be solved by scientists in the coming future.

In my opinion, as the proverb goes, “every coin has two sides”, The development of science and technologies has brought us both positive and negative influence. But after compared its advantages and disadvantages, we could arrive at a conclusion that the advantages carry more weight than disadvantages. I don't think scientists will lead to the doom of the earth. Dispate they have created some problems, I belive scientists will finally solve those problems.