IELTS essay Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of studying abroad working abroad for a period of time

IELTS essay:Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of studying abroad/working abroad for a period of time.

With the rapid development of society, we have entered an era of information explosion. In order to acquire more knowledge, more and more people decide to further their study abroad. Studying abroad brings about many advantages. It widens students' knowledge and horizons, and meanwhile cultivates their independence and personalities.

Firstly, students can learn advanced knowledge and experience abroad. Since the reform and the policy of opening to the outside world, China has strengthened cooperation with many countries. As a result, the scientific and technological level has been improved very rapidly. However, compared with the developed countries in the world, we still have a very long way to go. Studying abroad provides opportunities to students, who can learn advanced knowledge and management experience, so as to enhance the scientific level in our country.

Secondly, studying abroad can cultivate students' ability to live independently and their characters. Students have to deal with many problems when they study abroad. They have to learn how to be accustomed to a new environment and how to get along with the teachers and classmates. During their study, they can acquire some interpersonal skills.

Finally, studying abroad can provide a good language environment to students and make it easy to pick up a language. Foreign language is a tool employed to communicate with each other. It can remove language barrier and make international cooperation much easier.

However, "Every coin has its two sides". Studying abroad also brings about many disadvantages. Firstly, students will be confronted with so many psychological problems. They often feel lonely and helpless in a new environment. Furthermore, the tuition is very high, which is a very heavy financial burden to the average people.

To sum up, the advantages of studying abroad outweigh the disadvantages greatly. We encourage students study abroad. When they accomplish their curriculum, they can make more contributions to the construction of our society. (313 words)