You are hereIELTS essay:Globalization impacts on culture identity

IELTS essay:Globalization impacts on culture identity

linda85's picture

By linda85 - Posted on 23 August 2006

With the over-accelerated pace of globalization, we now enjoy far more conveniences than our ancesstors. However, more and more increasing business and culture contacts have generated a new question that whether these contacts can lead to a loss of countries' identity. In my opinion, this view may be over-considered.

Firstly of all, although some people regard globalization with hostily, even fear, believing that it increases inequalty within or between countries, curbs the differences between cultures, we can not lose sight of its obvious advantages. It must be admitted that the communications between different cultures can facilitate the economic and cultual development in many countries, especially some countries of Third World. The contacts give these people a chance or a opportunity to absorb the quintessences of other developed countries as well as obtain and carry forward their own abundant and brilliant culture.

Secondly, on the contrary, in some countries which pursued inward-oriented policy, we can get a information from their domestic statistics that their economies staguated or declined, poverty increased and traditional oboriginal culture was also in a stage of endangerment. Since being lack of contacting with other cultures, the local residences did not really realize the meaning of cherishing their own historical relics and folk arts. If they embrace themselves to the outside world, they will be pride to understand what invaluable their culture is, and they will be in attempt to preserving their ethnic and cultural identity.

Finally, the impacts of globalization can be solved throug our efforts. The governments should take the responsibility of protecting and inheriting their great and profound culture identity by building more ethnic and cultural musems and financing more non-government organizations which put efforts on spreading folk arts and resist forced assimilation.

In conclusion, the facts that we have domonstrated lead us to believe that communications between different nations will don't devastate theier identities, but to some extent can protect them, and we can also solve the problems without fears.

jordansry france

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

The map below is of the town of Garlsdon. A new supermarket (S) is planned for the town. The map shows two possible sites for the supermarket.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. tiads
Public money should be spent on treating illnesses rather than promoting healthy life style. Do you agree or disagree? Tessy James sticky icon
The graph below shows the percentage change in the number of international students graduating from universities in different Canadian provinces between 2001 and 2006. wibby.aldryani
IELTS essay: Capital punishment is a brutal decision and should be abolished. Muhammad Daniyal
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good member of society. Other, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. amab
The changes after war in Vietnam rahmiedriyanti
The tourism industry has grown enormously over the last fifty years, and there are few places which are unaffected by it. However, tourism rarely benefits the countries which tourists visit. sandy123 sticky icon
In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. fikri
It has been proved that smoking kills. In some countries it has been made illegal for people to smoke in all public places except in certain areas. All countries should make these rules.Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Dadas88
Parents are the best teachers. Do you agree or disagree? sfaht1 sticky icon

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon

Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon