You are hereIELTS essay:Globalization impacts on culture identity

IELTS essay:Globalization impacts on culture identity

linda85's picture

By linda85 - Posted on 23 August 2006

With the over-accelerated pace of globalization, we now enjoy far more conveniences than our ancesstors. However, more and more increasing business and culture contacts have generated a new question that whether these contacts can lead to a loss of countries' identity. In my opinion, this view may be over-considered.

Firstly of all, although some people regard globalization with hostily, even fear, believing that it increases inequalty within or between countries, curbs the differences between cultures, we can not lose sight of its obvious advantages. It must be admitted that the communications between different cultures can facilitate the economic and cultual development in many countries, especially some countries of Third World. The contacts give these people a chance or a opportunity to absorb the quintessences of other developed countries as well as obtain and carry forward their own abundant and brilliant culture.

Secondly, on the contrary, in some countries which pursued inward-oriented policy, we can get a information from their domestic statistics that their economies staguated or declined, poverty increased and traditional oboriginal culture was also in a stage of endangerment. Since being lack of contacting with other cultures, the local residences did not really realize the meaning of cherishing their own historical relics and folk arts. If they embrace themselves to the outside world, they will be pride to understand what invaluable their culture is, and they will be in attempt to preserving their ethnic and cultural identity.

Finally, the impacts of globalization can be solved throug our efforts. The governments should take the responsibility of protecting and inheriting their great and profound culture identity by building more ethnic and cultural musems and financing more non-government organizations which put efforts on spreading folk arts and resist forced assimilation.

In conclusion, the facts that we have domonstrated lead us to believe that communications between different nations will don't devastate theier identities, but to some extent can protect them, and we can also solve the problems without fears.

Ekhlas US / Iraq

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

tuposwmv france

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty for committing murder therefore life in prison is better punishment for murderers. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant example dnaserbakht
The exploration and development of safe alternatives to fossil fuels should be the most important global priority today.To what extend do you agree or disagree.? Nisharg Patel
The chart below show the sleep patterns of people in five different occupations to a Canadian study. Fardhani Dwi Ar...
The chart below shows the total number of Olympic medals won by twelve different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. mrmo2610 sticky icon
Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning foreign language at primary school rather that secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages? marjloveselmo
Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day. Working from home should be encouraged as it is good for workers and employers.Do you agree or disagree ? carl
The table below gives information about changes in modes of travel in England between 1985 and 2000. Amandeep Singh
Write a letter to the cinema manager to inform him/her that you have lost your bag in the cinema. In your letter- Tell exactly what happened and when.- Where do you think you left the bag?- Ask the manager to help find the bag. marzieh
The graph below shows the consumption of fish and some different kinds of meat in a European country between 1979 and 2004. zha
Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing. via oktaria

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree? maryam2900
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
Tobacco and alcohol are drugs that cause addition and health problems. Should they be made illegal? Or should all drugs be legalized? marzieh
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Why should the government help working parents by providing child care facilities. Tessy James
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan

Many schools these days have problems with poor student behavior. Why do you think these problems occur? What could be done to tackle these problems tycoonss
These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Smoking not only harms the smoker but also those who are nearby. Therefore, smoking should be banned in public places. To what extent do you agree or disagree? codeblue
A letter:You are a university student living in on-campus accommodation. You are having some problems with the internet connection in your room. Write to the supervisor of your residence,in your letter:introduce yourselfinform him/her of the situationrequ bwosti
Every year several languages die out. Some people think this is not important because life will be easier if there are a fewer languages in the world.To what extend do you agree with this opinion? yas
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon