Traffic problem becomes the biggest concern of many countries in the world, not only because of the environmental pollution caused by the exhaust gas and irritating noise, but also the menace it takes to the bicycle riders and pedestrians. Furthermore, many gardens and grasslands give way to the rapid development of traffic facilities like highway, flyovers and avenues, leaving less and less space for the citizens. (66 words)

Admittedly, the development of road construction stimulates the prosperity of economy. For example, the increase of employment rate, the sales of the private cars and the high taxes levied on car owners are what a government expects. But as a responsible government, it should have a long-term development plan instead of the pursuit of a short-term profit. A responsible government should always give priority to people’s appeal. (68 words)

To make the citizens satisfied, firstly, a government should preserve for the citizens more gardens and meadows, where people can spend weekend with their friends and family. Gardens and meadows can also purify the polluted air, creating a good environment to the citizens. Secondly, a government should encourage the use of public transport and limit the ownership of private cars. Due to the economic development, many citizens can afford a private car. Take Shenzhen as an example, the sales of private cars increase by 5,000 every month. It is hard to imagine if the current roads can accommodate so large a number of cars five or ten years later. Finally, a government should consider the relation between economic development and environmental protection, leaving more green lands to our descendants. (129 words)

To sum up, economic development and environmental protection do not contradict each other. If a government is responsible, it should make no efforts to give people a comfortable living environment. (30 words) (293 words totally)