You are hereIncreasing petrol price is the best solution to taffic and pollution problem

Increasing petrol price is the best solution to taffic and pollution problem

BINUDANIEL20's picture

By BINUDANIEL20 - Posted on 11 October 2011

QUESTION:Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve traffic and pollution. What extend do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think more effective?

One of the most demanding situations that the common man is facing, with the rise in petrol prices, is to make both ends meet. While bureaucrats across the world are continuously hiking the fuel price, to control traffic congestion and pollution, there has not been much difference. This essay will disagree with the view that rising gas price is the optimal solution to traffic and pollution problem.

Firstly, to be very precise, the number of cars on a road is directly proportional to the number of affluent families of the country. Thus, it does not make much difference, as these wealthy people will not sacrifice the cosy ambience of their car for few extra currencies. The person who will have to bear this extra cost is the common man, because the rise in petrol price will shoot up the rate of other daily commodities, like transportation, food products, electricity and so on. For instance, in this year itself petrol prices were increased three times, but there is no change in number of cars on the road or the pollution level either.

However, there are several other methods to combat this problem. Government in all countries should impose congestion prices, whereby cars and trucks are hit with higher tolls if they access central urban area in traditionally congested times. Public transportation should be developed further, and this in turn will encourage the community to use it. Engineers and scientists should invent cheaper and cleaner energy sources. For example, cell-powered or solar-powered cars will be a great breakthrough to control environmental contamination.

To put in nutshell, rise in fuel prices will not control traffic and pollution, but will affect poor man. Instead, more efficient energy sources and road taxes should be implemented.

IELTS essay: Letter of request essayking
A country is experiencing population growth and needs more homes. Should these new homes be constructed in the existing cities or should new towns be built for this purpose? Explain. marzieh
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree? 240813
Money should be spent on creating new public buildings such as museums or conference halls rather than repairing existing ones. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Ksenia
In the past, most people lived in small villages where everyone knew everyone else. Nowadays, most people live I a large cities where they only know a few people in their area.What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of living in a small co rahmiedriyanti
animals are used by human beings for profit in many ways. however, some people do not agree with this use of animals. discuss both views and express your own opinion. Avkirat
Smokers can cause themselves serious healthproblems. The choice to smoke is made freely and withknowledge of dangers.Smokers should therefore expect to pay more formedical treatment than non-smokers. jackykeizen@gma...
Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject.To what extent do you agree or disagree? maryam2900
You have recently started to work in a new company. Write a letter to a English speaking friend. In your letter Explain 1. Why you have changed 2. Describe your new job 3. tell your other news Kirthika Jagan
Some people think that it is important to use leisure time for activities that improve the mind, such as reading and doing word puzzles.Other people feel that it is important to rest the mind during leisure time. sfaht1

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
You have seen a job advertisement in some newspaper. Write a letter to your friend asking him to consider this job. Please say - Where have you seen the ad?- What is the job description?- Why do you think, he is a suitable candidate for it? marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Fast food is becoming a part of our daily life. Some people argue that fast food has negative effects on our lifestyle and diet. Do you agree or disagree. mrmo2610 IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
IELTS essay:Damage to environment is an inevitable consequence of the improvement in the standard of living. To what degree do you agree or disagree to this position? essayking sticky icon IELTS

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Fadlanmuzakki IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task I

Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

You can manage vocabulary words greatly. and both structure and ideas are good.

you may review this area and make it more smoothly:

'For instance, in this year itself petrol prices were increased three times, but there is no change in number of cars on the road or the pollution level either.

However, there are several other methods to combat this problem. ...'

It can get around 8.0 out of 9.0.