You are hereIncreasing petrol price is the best solution to taffic and pollution problem

Increasing petrol price is the best solution to taffic and pollution problem

BINUDANIEL20's picture

By BINUDANIEL20 - Posted on 11 October 2011

QUESTION:Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve traffic and pollution. What extend do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think more effective?

One of the most demanding situations that the common man is facing, with the rise in petrol prices, is to make both ends meet. While bureaucrats across the world are continuously hiking the fuel price, to control traffic congestion and pollution, there has not been much difference. This essay will disagree with the view that rising gas price is the optimal solution to traffic and pollution problem.

Firstly, to be very precise, the number of cars on a road is directly proportional to the number of affluent families of the country. Thus, it does not make much difference, as these wealthy people will not sacrifice the cosy ambience of their car for few extra currencies. The person who will have to bear this extra cost is the common man, because the rise in petrol price will shoot up the rate of other daily commodities, like transportation, food products, electricity and so on. For instance, in this year itself petrol prices were increased three times, but there is no change in number of cars on the road or the pollution level either.

However, there are several other methods to combat this problem. Government in all countries should impose congestion prices, whereby cars and trucks are hit with higher tolls if they access central urban area in traditionally congested times. Public transportation should be developed further, and this in turn will encourage the community to use it. Engineers and scientists should invent cheaper and cleaner energy sources. For example, cell-powered or solar-powered cars will be a great breakthrough to control environmental contamination.

To put in nutshell, rise in fuel prices will not control traffic and pollution, but will affect poor man. Instead, more efficient energy sources and road taxes should be implemented.

You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport.Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter:• explain where you live• describe the problem• give reasons why you do not pip depp b b
Compare the rich and the poor Kate Võ
There is no longer enough natural resources to sustain current levels of economic growth. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Zarna Patel
Some animal species such as dinosaurs and dodos become extinct because of natural process. So it is not necessary to try and prevent this from happening. Do you agree or disagree? Tessy James sticky icon
In cities and towns all over the world the high volume of traffic is a problem. What are the causes of this and what actions can be taken to solve this problem? shaishavrathod
Machine translation is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role for humans. Do you agree or disagree ? Justin sticky icon
You had purchased a toy online and upon delivery found that there was a problem with it. Write a letter to the manager of the toy company.- Describe a toy that you bought.- Describe why you think the toy is faulty.- What do you want the company to do abou marzieh
Many university students live with their families while others need to live away from home because their universities are in different cities. What are the advantages and disadvantages in both situations? devabe2005
In today's competitive world, many families find it necessary for both parents to go out to work. While some say the children in these families benefit from the additional income, others feel they lack support because of their parents' absence. marzieh
In many countries schools have severe problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest? zha

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon

The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon

You can manage vocabulary words greatly. and both structure and ideas are good.

you may review this area and make it more smoothly:

'For instance, in this year itself petrol prices were increased three times, but there is no change in number of cars on the road or the pollution level either.

However, there are several other methods to combat this problem. ...'

It can get around 8.0 out of 9.0.