It is becoming more and more difficult to escape the influence of the media on our lives. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living in a media rich society.

While traditional media outlets such as televisions and newspapers still dominate our lives, social media in the likes of Facebook and Twitter are gaining in popularity. Though the ensuing boost in information has vastly improved our living standards, they may prove disastrous at times.

On one hand, we are better informed of both local and international situations as we are blessed with a wider choice of accessing information. This includes novel methods such as the internet. Blogs and other social websites, for example, Facebook, further empow us to generate our own news. Despite the threa...

Sentence: Blogs and other social websites, for example, Facebook, further empow us to generate our own news.
Error: empow Suggestion: No alternate word

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts