It has been said Not every thing that is learned is contained in books Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gainde from books In your opinion which source is more important Why

It has been said, "Not every thing that is learned is contained in books." Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gainde from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?

With a goal to produce knowledgeable citizens, most countries worldwide have made education, where knowledge is primarily imparted through books, compulsory up to a certain age. Nevertheless, history has proved us wrong on a few occasions. The emergence of geniuses and influential individuals with no formal qualification calls into question the fact that books bear greater importance than experience to succeed in life.

On one hand, graduates are able to secure better paying jobs due to years spent gathering technical knowledge at university. Indeed, people possessing inadequate literacy skills struggle to comprehend unique medical terminologies or complex law cases embedded in educational resources.

However, passing exams are insufficient to obtain a medical license to practise. Work experience is a must to ensure that medical students can apply their theoretical knowledge to resolve particular problems at work. Their success in doing so will subsequently determine promotions to senior roles at a later stage of their career. Over time, books further become redundant and employees often need to refer to current practices to maintain a competitive edge.

Moreover, some people do not fit the bookish mould. For instance, Albert Einstein, the father of physics, was a poor academic performer and left school at a young age. Nevertheless, the numerous outstanding experiments he subsequently pioneered now underpin the basic physics theories students must grasp to build a sound career within the scientific field. In fact, most reading materials are written as a result of proven experiences which the authors wish to share with others for the long-term advancement of society.

To conclude, both books and experience are paramount in gaining knowledge. The former act as permanent records of facts which people can employ to refresh their memory. Even so, the information garnered in this manner should be substantiated with actual practice since books often fail to keep pace with the various changes occurring within society.