You are hereIt is often difficult for young people to find a good job without previous work experience. Governments should encourage employers to choose young people when they need new workers. Do you agree or disagree?

It is often difficult for young people to find a good job without previous work experience. Governments should encourage employers to choose young people when they need new workers. Do you agree or disagree?

Adika Dimas's picture

By Adika Dimas - Posted on 24 July 2013

At present time, looking for a job in Indonesia is seemingly difficult if young people do not have working experience previously. Governments might give a hand to employers to select the young people when they need new workers. In adverse, the employers might not be easily influenced by the governments’ demand due to professional reason.

Support from the governments certainly would decrease the number of unemployment in Indonesia. This country has many human resources who are many of them are waiting for job calls. Interestingly, without the governments’ role to encourage employers, the number of the young people working abroad to be housemaid or factory’s labor might show a significant increase lately. Those who are abroad might occasionally say, this is difficult to own a job in Indonesia with enough salary. Higher wage is tangibly offered overseas.

In contrary, the companies should not considerably acquire many influences from the governments to choose new workers. In any case, there should not be an intervention between governments and companies since Indonesia does not apply capitalism policy. The companies really need the competent and skilful young people. Alternatively, the governments might give skill and working training to the candidate of workers in order to be eligible to the given criteria of companies’ vacancy.

In conclusion, the assistance from governments is still needed to some companies selecting the new inexperience young people to work. However, the companies might probably choose the new workers without any pressure from governments. The governments hopefully could provide more skill and working training, to have a steady decrease of jobless purposely.