In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people What do you think may be the reasons for this What problems might this cause in society Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experie

In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people.
What do you think may be the reasons for this?
What problems might this cause in society?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words

In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people, even from their own children, and this can be seen as more old folks home had been build nowadays. Thus, I will be writing about what I think the reasons may be and the problems that might cause in society.

Firstly, the reason for this may be due to the old-fashioned thinking that they have, which makes it a problem for their children to communicate with them. This will result in the relationship between them to turn sour and as time goes by the respect to their parents will be lesser. Secondly, it may be due to the troublesome that the children feel to take care of their parents who are sick or have problem taking care of themselves. Thirdly, some may even think that they are old now, and they have become useless, hence, there is no point wasting time on them.

The problems that might cause in society are firstly, there will be more older people being sent to old folks home. Secondly, there will be more older people especially those retired looking for jobs such as cleaner to provide for themselves. Thirdly, the society will turn into a place where there is no warmth and compassionate, a cold and heartless society. Fourthly, the problem will be recycled again by the next generations, as their children will follow what they did to their parents, showing little respect to them and not taking care of them. Thus, as time goes by the society will be a place where there is no respect and discipline. One of the real life example I encountered was, a young man sitting at a priority seat on the train when a old lady was just standing beside him, and he was pretending to sleep instead of offering her the seat.

In conclusion, I think the government should come up with more events that require the parents and children to participate, as this will help to bond them together. This may help to reduce the problems as there will be more communication between them.

Got better!