Many of the elderly need care and support from the family. To live in a care home is a best option. Do you agree or disagree? Provide your opinion.

As individual age, they often need a bit more help with their day to day activities. The argument is about whether or not the elderly people should continue to live at home with family or move into an old care home. In this essay, I will discuss pros and cons of both options and state my opinion.

In almost all countries the family is regarded as the main responsible institution of elderly care. family care help enables many elderly to remain in the community, thereby postponing or averting institutionalization. Without family visit or attention, the elderly may fall into a depression, or feel all alone. Studies show that family support can improve life expectancy by several years and create a more positive and optimistic environment for the aged. For all the above mentioned reasons, many people view family care as extremely important and wish to preserve it as a social resource.

On the other hand, there are people who support the idea that old care home is the perfect place for elderly people to live in. The reason for this belief is perhaps families are finding it increasingly difficult to fulfill their care giving responsibilities, and even the most well intentioned person sometime provide incompetent care. Another reason may be, old home care would help overburdened families, in particular the women of those families and provide a much needed boost to the economy - both by freeing up unpaid caregivers to participate more fully in labor force and creating new job.

Most old home care facilities provide resources to help resident meet their daily needs including dressing, meals, bathing and many more. Moreover, a rotating staff is available always to meet the ongoing need of residents.

In conclusion, While many of these old care homes can be more than pleasant to live, I think its still vital to maintain feelings of family support with elderly care because this improves the quality of life for older people.