In many parts of the world and throughout history government have moved their capitals Discuss the potential problems and benefits Say whether you would be in favor of moving your capital

In many parts of the world and throughout history, government have moved their capitals. Discuss the potential problems and benefits ? Say whether you would be in favor of moving your capital?

Perhaps you have never thought about moving your government’s capital. However, it has happened worldwide and for hundreds of years. A government may move its capital because of the benefits. However, there are also some problems to consider. Because of the tremendous challenges caused by this change, I would vote against moving my capital.

Creation of a new capital benefits aids in early planning of a better infrastructure . This leads in job creation within the infrastructure and other associated industries. It also leads to a planned development process wherein every futuristic requirement can be ably met. It also leads to a development of another city thereby reducing the general disparity between the capital and other main cities.

However, there are a number of disadvantages associated with it as well. Huge cost is involved in the whole process. It creates a lot of confusion amongst the people and also leads to unrest. The section of people living in the capital are at huge loss as they have planned and invested their life in staying in the capital, owing to the employment, and the other opportunities it provides.

As the government of a country mainly resides in the capital, any movement of its location has a huge negative impact in all its working, approval and process. Industries closely associated with the government will feel the immediate and direct negative impact of such an endeavor.

The disadvantages of moving a capital surely outweighs any kind of positive impact it might have on the country and the people. So I would completely disagree and be out of favor with such a proposition.