Essay topics: Many people are using credit cards or loans to run up huge personal debts that they may be unable to repay. It should therefore be made more difficult for individuals to borrow large amounts of money. What are your opinion on this?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.
Recently, there has been considerable discussion of the large personal debts and loans withdrawn by people which cannot be repaid. The implication of this has led some to claim that huge borrowings should be strict but some think it's unfair to do so. I am not in complete accord with the statement but I shall compare and contrast both views first.
On one hand, some think that there must be a strong barrier when the huge amounts are loaned to public. One of the reasons for this idea is to prevent the monetary company from high bad debts, which could lead to bankruptcy. Preventing the unwanted loan could help the bank and other financial companies to grow financially and also helps the country's economy to flourish.
However, there could be a disagreement on the other hand. Credit cards and loans are the special facilities given to the people which helps them to do their daily transactions as well as to run big projects and business at the same time. This undoubtedly helps them to create income.
Moreover, credit cards can be used in several areas, to pay student loans, for instance. It also serves as an emergency tool in case of any accident or hazards. For use of such loans, banks also charge interest which is income for them.
After analyzing the facts, I tend to believe that there shouldn’t be hassled to get credit cards and loans because it serves as a helping hand in public. Although, it can’t be denied that some of the people may be unable to repay it, I suggest the financial institution to make a proper policy such as keeping the collateral or other financial documents before providing loan.
- Music is played in every society and culture in the world today. Some people think that music brings only benefits to individuals and societies. Others, however, think that music can have a negative influence on both.Discuss both views and give your own o (60.9091)
- Young people in world world seem to have more power and influence than any previous young generation.Why is this case?What impact does this have on the relationship between old and young people? (73.33329999999999)
- People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? (80)
- Financial education should be a mandatory component of the school program. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (72.5)
- Many people believe that educational standards have declined in recent times, particularly in the areas of literacy and numeracy. Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it. (80)
- Nowadays many people eat very badly in spite of the information which is available about ways to have a healthy, balanced diet.What could be the possible causes of this? Suggest some solutions which may improve the eating habits of the young. (85.5556)
- In today's competitive world, many families find it necessary for both parents to go out to work. While some say the children in these families benefit from the additional income, others feel they lack support because of their parents' absence. (84.4444)
- It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents,for instance for sport or music,and others are not.However it is sometimes claimed that any children can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views (70)
- Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? (50)
- The costs of international travel are decreasing and tourism is growing. What are the advantages and disadvantages of increasing tourism activity in different countries? (71.66670000000001)