Essay topics: Many people believe that educational standards have declined in recent times, particularly in the areas of literacy and numeracy.
Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it.
In recent years, there is a growing recognition that the basic abilities to read, write and do mathematics have plunged. There is a worldwide worry concerning this trend and different people have various ideas about the major causes of these alterations. This essay will elaborate on the most significant reasons for this unprecedented trend and offer some potential solutions.
At first it is crucial to note that relevant reason for substantial drop in numeracy and literacy might be rooted in the boom of modern technologies and subsequent opportunities brought by them. Undeniably, technology has been facing radical changes and revolutionized to stage where human being are able to use computers for writing and calculating. In such areas, apparently, it is hardly ever feasible to imagine our lives without computer facilities in the status quo. Promoting usage of recently introduced technologies has also contributed to sliding away of numeracy especially when children are involved. Another remarkable cause might be demise of interest in learning and vanishing of interest and desire for it. This is especially because children are more addicted to computer games rather than learning which they believe to be less relevant and fascinating.
While searching for solutions, one should not ignore the major contributor for declining numeracy and literacy skills. As technological advances play vital role here, imposing restraints permanent usage high-tech should be accomplished especially among young people. Meanwhile, government is required to control education standards by regular tests and reignite people’s enthusiasm in learning.
In the light of these facts, one can conclude that plunge in numeracy and literacy skills are directly associated with technological revolution. Resolving those problems can be achieved by controlling permanent usage of computers and calculators notably among young age groups.
- The graphs provide information about worldwide energy consumption, the countries with oil reserves and the world oil prices from 2000 to 2025. Summarize the following information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where rele (65)
- Some people feel that legal age at which people can marry should be at least 21.To what extend do you agree or disagree? (75)
- Some people say that it would be better if the majority of people worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? (85)
- Meat production requires relatively more than crop production. Some people think that as land is becoming scarce, world’s meat consumption should be reduced.What measures could be taken to reduce world’s meat consumption? What kinds of problems might meas (60)
- Modern technology has made it easier for individuals to download copyrighted music and books from Internet for no charge.To what extend is this a positive or a negative development? (85)
- As children become adults, their social behavior changes in some ways.What are the main differences between young children’s social behavior and that of adults. To what extend are the changes that took place good? (69.52379999999999)
- Some people say that because many people are living much longer the age which people retire from work should be raised considerably.To what extend do you agree or disagree? (80)
- Many people believe that educational standards have declined in recent times, particularly in the areas of literacy and numeracy.Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it. (70)
- Many people believe that educational standards have declined in recent times, particularly in the areas of literacy and numeracy.Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it. (90)
- the countries can survive without relationship with other nations. Do you agree or not? (75)