Many people believe that educational standards have declined in recent times particularly in the areas of literacy and numeracy Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it

In contemporary society, there has been a popular issue in regards to school goers' learning standards. Many people insist on the view that the quality of education has decreased recently, especially in the fields of literature and mathematics. As far as I am concerned, I will justify the reasons and offer some suggestions.

Firstly, students' abilities of literacy and numeracy have been substituted by advanced technologies such as electronic dictionary and computer. Merely typing in and clicking these devices create enjoyment while children are learning. Therefore, the traditional learning skills such as writing and calculating have been dwindling since the prevalence of these new technologies. In terms of solving this problem, hand writing of homework can be requested in school, and banning electronic calculators in examinations might encourage students facilitating their calculation ability.

Secondly, the imperfection of the educational system causes this phenomenon. For instance, as pupils are allowed to choose subjects on school curriculum, they would avoid some more difficult courses such as literature and mathematics, and choose easier ones instead. Consequently, they would be confronted with difficulties when it comes to literacy or numeracy skills in their future life. From this point of view, the awareness of all-round development should be introduced in schooling, at least in elementary schools and high schools because in this age, interesting about these subjects can easily be cultivated.

In conclusion, I concede that there are both objective and subjective reasons lead to the educational standards decline, the sensible resolutions could be independent from technologies and promoting versatile schooling system.

Maybe one more paragraph.