You are hereMany people believe that the high levels of violence in films today are causing serious social problems. What are these problems and how could they be reduced?

Many people believe that the high levels of violence in films today are causing serious social problems. What are these problems and how could they be reduced?

homanhtai's picture

By homanhtai - Posted on 28 May 2013

It is true that the violent films have been increasing dramatically in number nowadays, which cause many issues to society. There are several solutions to resolve these problems and both government's and parents' responsibility are important.

Too many violent scenes in films will lead undesirable effects to the society. First and foremost, that is the issue of negative impacts on children's mental health. Children who are sensitive and innocent easy be affected by films' contents than other people. They are easy attracted by awesome action scenes including several activities of fighting, catching or even killing people. This will makes children can not distinguish the murderous behaviors in films are wrong.

Moreover, the violent scenes make children more aggresive, behave badly with their friends and sometimes disobey their parents. They tend to make friend with bad friends and be lured to illegal activities such as assault or murder. It can be explain by the increasing of criminal rate of the youth.

These problems could be tackled by many measures. Firstly, parents should spend more time on observing and restricting their children from watching such bad materials. They also need to stimulate their children to play sport and to participate in extracurricular activities. In addition, the government should censor all kind of films released to the public. The violent scenes should be eliminated from the superhero movies in order to children could watch without any anxiety of their parents.

To conclude, the increasing of aggresive films has reach an alarming rate, causing many disturbing problems to our society. However, these issues could be solved by association of adults and authorities.