You are hereMany people believe that the high levels of violence in films today are causing serious social problems. What are these problems and how could they be reduced?

Many people believe that the high levels of violence in films today are causing serious social problems. What are these problems and how could they be reduced?

homanhtai's picture

By homanhtai - Posted on 28 May 2013

It is true that the violent films have been increasing dramatically in number nowadays, which cause many issues to society. There are several solutions to resolve these problems and both government's and parents' responsibility are important.

Too many violent scenes in films will lead undesirable effects to the society. First and foremost, that is the issue of negative impacts on children's mental health. Children who are sensitive and innocent easy be affected by films' contents than other people. They are easy attracted by awesome action scenes including several activities of fighting, catching or even killing people. This will makes children can not distinguish the murderous behaviors in films are wrong.

Moreover, the violent scenes make children more aggresive, behave badly with their friends and sometimes disobey their parents. They tend to make friend with bad friends and be lured to illegal activities such as assault or murder. It can be explain by the increasing of criminal rate of the youth.

These problems could be tackled by many measures. Firstly, parents should spend more time on observing and restricting their children from watching such bad materials. They also need to stimulate their children to play sport and to participate in extracurricular activities. In addition, the government should censor all kind of films released to the public. The violent scenes should be eliminated from the superhero movies in order to children could watch without any anxiety of their parents.

To conclude, the increasing of aggresive films has reach an alarming rate, causing many disturbing problems to our society. However, these issues could be solved by association of adults and authorities.

The migration of people to cities is one of the biggest problems facing the world’s cities today. Discuss the main causes. What solutions could be used to tackle the situation? dnaserbakht
Nowadays people becoming parents later in life. Some think it is not a good development for the family and for the country. Do you agree or disagree with it? Give your own opinion. Tessy James sticky icon
More and more people work from home and study from home with the development of computer technology. Do you think it is positive or negative? sitony
IELTS essay:Over the past 50 years, young people gain status and power but old people have lost. What is the cause and is it a good development or bad development? essayking
The three diagrams below show the development of, and plans for, the coastal zone of Brightsea. Summarize the information by choosing and reporting the key features, and make any relevant comparisons. nikilos
People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? maryam2900
should teenager study all subjects at school or should they concetrate on one subject they are best at or find intersting ?discuss both sides and give your openion. ssjsbm
Zoos have failed to serve their purpose in the matter of wild life. Animals can live better in freedom than confined places like zoos. Do you agreee or disagree with the idea? harjinder singh sticky icon
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.The chart below shows how people travelled to work in 1996 and 2001 .Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.Write at least 150 words. lynmelissa
In many countries, the proportion of older people is steadily increasing. Does this trend have more positive or negative effects on the society? cieljessy

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. devabe2005 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that national sport teams and individual men and women who represent their country should be financially supported by the government. Others think they should be funded by non-government ways (such as business, scholarship). What is yo Hao IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Universities should accept equal number of male and female student in every subject.To what extent di yiu agree or disagree ? dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers.They are used in business,hospitals,crime detection and even to fly planes.What things will they be used for in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspecious of the dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
The charts below give information about the way in which water was used in different countries in 2000 Nodira IELTS Writing Task I
Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books vaqif aliyev IELTS Writing Task II

Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
When international media (including movies, fashion shows, advertisements and other TV programmes) convey the same messages to the global audience, people argue that the expansion of international media has negative impacts on cultural diversity. What is skeet sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Machine translation (MT) is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is no immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role from humans. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task I

Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The idea of having a single career is becoming an old fashion one.The new fashion will be to have several careers or ways of earning money and further education will be something that continues throughout life. dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II

Sentence: This will makes children can not distinguish the murderous behaviors in films are wrong.
Description: The word will is not usually used as a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to will and makes

Sentence: The violent scenes should be eliminated from the superhero movies in order to children could watch without any anxiety of their parents.
Description: in order to + Verb.

Sentence: To conclude, the increasing of aggresive films has reach an alarming rate, causing many disturbing problems to our society.
Description: A verb 'to have', present tense, 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to has and reach

Sentence: Moreover, the violent scenes make children more aggresive, behave badly with their friends and sometimes disobey their parents.
Error: aggresive Suggestion: aggressive

Error: aggresive Suggestion: aggressive