You are hereMany people believe that the high levels of violence in films today are causing serious social problems. What are these problems and how could they be reduced?

Many people believe that the high levels of violence in films today are causing serious social problems. What are these problems and how could they be reduced?

homanhtai's picture

By homanhtai - Posted on 28 May 2013

It is true that the violent films have been increasing dramatically in number nowadays, which cause many issues to society. There are several solutions to resolve these problems and both government's and parents' responsibility are important.

Too many violent scenes in films will lead undesirable effects to the society. First and foremost, that is the issue of negative impacts on children's mental health. Children who are sensitive and innocent easy be affected by films' contents than other people. They are easy attracted by awesome action scenes including several activities of fighting, catching or even killing people. This will makes children can not distinguish the murderous behaviors in films are wrong.

Moreover, the violent scenes make children more aggresive, behave badly with their friends and sometimes disobey their parents. They tend to make friend with bad friends and be lured to illegal activities such as assault or murder. It can be explain by the increasing of criminal rate of the youth.

These problems could be tackled by many measures. Firstly, parents should spend more time on observing and restricting their children from watching such bad materials. They also need to stimulate their children to play sport and to participate in extracurricular activities. In addition, the government should censor all kind of films released to the public. The violent scenes should be eliminated from the superhero movies in order to children could watch without any anxiety of their parents.

To conclude, the increasing of aggresive films has reach an alarming rate, causing many disturbing problems to our society. However, these issues could be solved by association of adults and authorities.

apastyRag Ethiopia

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

The diagram shows how the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce reliable forecasts. fialka
Scientists and news media are presenting ever more evidence of climate change. Government cannot expect to solve this problem. It is the responsibility of the individuals to change their life style and prevent further damage what are your views? Tessy James sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Nilam
Some people think that large, impressive buildings are important for a city. Others believe that the money should be spent on improving schools and hospitals.Discuss both these views and give your opinion. Dhani Aristya
The diagrams below show how chocolate is made and how the price of a chocolate bar is divided up among those involved in the process. Summarize the information by choosing and reporting the key features, and make any relevant comparisons. Naela Mustika K... sticky icon
When a country develops its technology , the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive . To what extend do you agree or disagree? iceecreami
Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Others think that it is always better to have a teacher. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to develop your essay. umairnom
The pie chart shows the main reasons why agriculture land becomes less productive. The table shows how these causes affected three regions of world during the 1990s. Amandeep Singh
FAMILY VACATION Mubasysyarah Ma...
The graph and table below give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. fialka sticky icon

Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things we really do not need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives. Which viewpoint do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your eddysuaib sticky icon
Do good exam results at school or college guarantee success in life?Discuss the advantages that a good education can have on your future.Do you believe that studying hard will bring a better life? (REWRITE) eddysuaib
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status carmela6
Overpopulation Farkhad

The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon

Sentence: This will makes children can not distinguish the murderous behaviors in films are wrong.
Description: The word will is not usually used as a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to will and makes

Sentence: The violent scenes should be eliminated from the superhero movies in order to children could watch without any anxiety of their parents.
Description: in order to + Verb.

Sentence: To conclude, the increasing of aggresive films has reach an alarming rate, causing many disturbing problems to our society.
Description: A verb 'to have', present tense, 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to has and reach

Sentence: Moreover, the violent scenes make children more aggresive, behave badly with their friends and sometimes disobey their parents.
Error: aggresive Suggestion: aggressive

Error: aggresive Suggestion: aggressive