You are hereMany people believe that the high levels of violence in films today are causing serious social problems. What are these problems and how could they be reduced?

Many people believe that the high levels of violence in films today are causing serious social problems. What are these problems and how could they be reduced?

homanhtai's picture

By homanhtai - Posted on 28 May 2013

It is true that the violent films have been increasing dramatically in number nowadays, which cause many issues to society. There are several solutions to resolve these problems and both government's and parents' responsibility are important.

Too many violent scenes in films will lead undesirable effects to the society. First and foremost, that is the issue of negative impacts on children's mental health. Children who are sensitive and innocent easy be affected by films' contents than other people. They are easy attracted by awesome action scenes including several activities of fighting, catching or even killing people. This will makes children can not distinguish the murderous behaviors in films are wrong.

Moreover, the violent scenes make children more aggresive, behave badly with their friends and sometimes disobey their parents. They tend to make friend with bad friends and be lured to illegal activities such as assault or murder. It can be explain by the increasing of criminal rate of the youth.

These problems could be tackled by many measures. Firstly, parents should spend more time on observing and restricting their children from watching such bad materials. They also need to stimulate their children to play sport and to participate in extracurricular activities. In addition, the government should censor all kind of films released to the public. The violent scenes should be eliminated from the superhero movies in order to children could watch without any anxiety of their parents.

To conclude, the increasing of aggresive films has reach an alarming rate, causing many disturbing problems to our society. However, these issues could be solved by association of adults and authorities.

Hamidyday Austria

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. helia123
In western countries many people spend lots of money on their pets. They buy special food for their cats and dogs; but them toys and often pay high fees for their medical treatment. Some people think, this is a waste of money and argue that pets are dirty serene123
The graph below shows the proportion of the population aged 65 and over between 1940 and 2040 in three countries. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Yora
business owner should hire employees for life. do you agree or disagree. Give relevant examples. gagansaran
Successful sport professionals can earn a great deal more many than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. joni
People today move to new cities or new countries more than ever before. What changes do they experience? What strategies are there to meet these challenges? irfan.saputra
Some people prefer to spend their lives doing tha same things and avoiding change? Others, however, think that change is always a good thing?Discuss both views and give your own opinion.Give reasons for your answers and include any relevant examples from dinoboy17
There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? is the traditional music of a country more important than the International music that is heard everywhere nowadays? Fakron Jamalin
It is generally agreed that the amount of rubbish created by humans today is a worldwide problem. What do you think are the main causes of this situation? What measure can be used to tackle the problem. alhaz
Many children these days have an unhealthy lifestyle. Both schools and parents are responsible for solving this problem.To what extent do you agree with this statement?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge Rita Irianti

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon

The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon

Sentence: This will makes children can not distinguish the murderous behaviors in films are wrong.
Description: The word will is not usually used as a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to will and makes

Sentence: The violent scenes should be eliminated from the superhero movies in order to children could watch without any anxiety of their parents.
Description: in order to + Verb.

Sentence: To conclude, the increasing of aggresive films has reach an alarming rate, causing many disturbing problems to our society.
Description: A verb 'to have', present tense, 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to has and reach

Sentence: Moreover, the violent scenes make children more aggresive, behave badly with their friends and sometimes disobey their parents.
Error: aggresive Suggestion: aggressive

Error: aggresive Suggestion: aggressive