You are hereMillions of people every year move to English-speaking countries such asAustralia, Britain or America, in order to study at school, college oruniversity.Why do so many people want to study in English?Why is English such an important international langu

Millions of people every year move to English-speaking countries such asAustralia, Britain or America, in order to study at school, college oruniversity.Why do so many people want to study in English?Why is English such an important international langu

serene123's picture

By serene123 - Posted on 24 November 2012

Millions of people every year move to English-speaking countries such asAustralia, Britain or America, in order to study at school, college oruniversity.Why do so many people want to study in English?Why is English such an important international language?

English is one of the most dominating language of the world which is having its impact on every field of work. Undoubtedly, English play a much greater role in the world that it is inevitable for people to ignore it fully. Though, people feel English will connect them properly with the world because it is a medium of communication in every parts of the world. Thus, people from different parts of the world want to study in an English speaking nation. 

Often, we see a number of students want to study further in countries like America, England, Australia because these are the best known English speaking countries which not only emphasis on the present course but also give students a chance to enhance their progress by improving their English.

Secondly, it is also beneficial to get an authorised degree from the best universities of the world as this will help in getting a high profile job anywhere in the world means a person can choose where to live according to that person's convenience. New opportunity for settlement with high paid job in developed countries frequently increased number of students who want to study in English speaking countries. 

Similarly, living in one of the most developed country of the world help students to get mature enough to live independently by themselves without any external help . It directly improve student's personality and also teach them how to maintain unity, peace and coordination with students from different parts of the world.

However, we know English is the most important language that every person must know to achieve success in their lives and as this language is widely spoken in each and every part of the world so, it is good to be an English speaker. It has been proved that almost all the trade or business that take place in the world is done in English language which directly effect on different countries economic.

Despite of trading, nowadays school in all over the world are having their lessons in English language to give a fair chance for students to get all the advantage an English speaker is getting at the present time.

Even though, English is the predominant language of many countries legislation, laws and in many government fields it is spoken widely than before and people who live in non English speaking country are also including English more commonly in their work places or at their homes as a source of connecting themselves with people more easily and quickly. Thus, English reduced the communication barrier to a large extend which was the big problem faced by the people around the world in the past. 

Therefore, it is necessary to study in English speaking countries cause it will help in our progress and give us a chance to make our lives better as English has enormous uses in this world and also allow us to put our views properly in front of the world without any communication barriers.

There are many animal testing in the world today. Is animal testing necessary?To what extent do you support? give your explanation. anastasia.maria...
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. cieljessy
Mobile phone and the internet are very useful. However, it is rare for the old people to use them. In what ways can mobile phone and the internet be useful to the old people? What could be done to encourage the old people to use? Lienk
Sample IELTS speaking: family (general) essayking
The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport. Amandeep Singh
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while other think it is unfair.Discuss both these views and give your opinion. ariel1984 sticky icon
Today, more people are travelling than ever before.Why is this the case?What are the benefits of travelling for travelers? grt2bagal
In some rich countries, the number of children of secondary or high schools who are taking science subject is declining. What effect this have on the children and their country future? How can children be encouraged to study science? Neeshiya Fernando sticky icon
Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required.Discuss both views and give your own mrmo2610 sticky icon
Children today are not as fit and healthy as in the past. Discuss the causes for this situation with relevant examples and give your opinion on possible solutions. nana

Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures. This money should be spent instead on health education drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views ridaakzar IELTS
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee IELTS
Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university.Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowl HoneyUK sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think secondary students should study international news as a school subject, but others suggest that it is a waste of students' valuable school time. Discuss both and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

English is one of the most dominating language of the world which is having its impact on every field of work.

Suggestion:English is one of the most dominating languages of the world which is having its impact on every field of work.

Sentence: Undoubtedly, English play a much greater role in the world that it is inevitable for people to ignore it fully.
Description: The fragment English play a is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace play with verb, past tense

Sentence: Secondly, it is also beneficial to get an authorised degree from the best universities of the world as this will help in getting a high profile job anywhere in the world means a person can choose where to live according to that person's convenience.
Error: authorised Suggestion: authorized

Avg. Sentence Length: 33 21.0 (sentences should be shorter)
Number of Paragraphs: 8 5 (You don't list 4-5 reasons here. You only need to list 2-3 reasons and argue.)

The big problem for this essay is that you used 'However', and 'Even though'. If you used them at the beginning of a paragraph, means you are going to change your ideas. However, you didn't.

Be very sensitive to use However or Even though inside the essays. It is going to mis-organize the essay if they are not used properly.