You are hereMillions of people every year move to English-speaking countries such asAustralia, Britain or America, in order to study at school, college oruniversity.Why do so many people want to study in English?Why is English such an important international langu

Millions of people every year move to English-speaking countries such asAustralia, Britain or America, in order to study at school, college oruniversity.Why do so many people want to study in English?Why is English such an important international langu

serene123's picture

By serene123 - Posted on 24 November 2012

Millions of people every year move to English-speaking countries such asAustralia, Britain or America, in order to study at school, college oruniversity.Why do so many people want to study in English?Why is English such an important international language?

English is one of the most dominating language of the world which is having its impact on every field of work. Undoubtedly, English play a much greater role in the world that it is inevitable for people to ignore it fully. Though, people feel English will connect them properly with the world because it is a medium of communication in every parts of the world. Thus, people from different parts of the world want to study in an English speaking nation. 

Often, we see a number of students want to study further in countries like America, England, Australia because these are the best known English speaking countries which not only emphasis on the present course but also give students a chance to enhance their progress by improving their English.

Secondly, it is also beneficial to get an authorised degree from the best universities of the world as this will help in getting a high profile job anywhere in the world means a person can choose where to live according to that person's convenience. New opportunity for settlement with high paid job in developed countries frequently increased number of students who want to study in English speaking countries. 

Similarly, living in one of the most developed country of the world help students to get mature enough to live independently by themselves without any external help . It directly improve student's personality and also teach them how to maintain unity, peace and coordination with students from different parts of the world.

However, we know English is the most important language that every person must know to achieve success in their lives and as this language is widely spoken in each and every part of the world so, it is good to be an English speaker. It has been proved that almost all the trade or business that take place in the world is done in English language which directly effect on different countries economic.

Despite of trading, nowadays school in all over the world are having their lessons in English language to give a fair chance for students to get all the advantage an English speaker is getting at the present time.

Even though, English is the predominant language of many countries legislation, laws and in many government fields it is spoken widely than before and people who live in non English speaking country are also including English more commonly in their work places or at their homes as a source of connecting themselves with people more easily and quickly. Thus, English reduced the communication barrier to a large extend which was the big problem faced by the people around the world in the past. 

Therefore, it is necessary to study in English speaking countries cause it will help in our progress and give us a chance to make our lives better as English has enormous uses in this world and also allow us to put our views properly in front of the world without any communication barriers.

You write a letter to the manager of an airport about the service you received from the service personnelSpecify the service that helped you a lotDescribe the person who was involvedAdvise what you want the manager to do carolsusu
some people believe that visitor to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences. discuss both these views and give your opinion. Listya Aina Firda
The best way to solve the environmental problem is to reduce the amount of air travel.Do you agree or disagree?. ieltstaker1410
Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students.Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students.Discuss these views. Which view do you agree with? Explain why. helia123
Some people believe that there should be a fixed punishment for each type of crime. Other, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should be taken into account when deciding on the punishment.Dis nwahyuni
The map below is of the town of Garlsdon. A new supermarket (S) is planned for the town. The map shows two possible sites for the Supermarket. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Naela Mustika K...
Young people in modern world seem to have more power and influence than any previous young generation.Why is this the case? What impact does this have on the relationship between old and young people? panji sticky icon
As the development of modern science and technology, some aspects of traditional culture are being lost, so some people think that the traditional culture will be replaced by the modern technology and science such as computer or internet. Muhammad Daniyal
Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome curtural differences. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Naela Mustika K...
The diagrams below show how chocolate is made and how the price of a chocolate bar is divided up among those involved in the process. Summarise the informatioan by choosing and reporting the key features, and make any relevant comparisons. zha

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. devabe2005 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that national sport teams and individual men and women who represent their country should be financially supported by the government. Others think they should be funded by non-government ways (such as business, scholarship). What is yo Hao IELTS Writing Task II
Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books vaqif aliyev IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
The charts below give information about the way in which water was used in different countries in 2000 Nodira IELTS Writing Task I
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. nguyenkhaccuong IELTS Writing Task II
Should wealthy nation be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education ?Or is it the responsibility of the government of poorer nation to look after their themselves? dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below gives information about the preferred leisure activities of Australian children. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task I

Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
When international media (including movies, fashion shows, advertisements and other TV programmes) convey the same messages to the global audience, people argue that the expansion of international media has negative impacts on cultural diversity. What is skeet sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Machine translation (MT) is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is no immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role from humans. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task I
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Ques: The movement of people from agricultural areas to big cities caused problems in both places. In your opinion, what is the reason for this problem? How can it be solved? varinder kaur IELTS Writing Task II

English is one of the most dominating language of the world which is having its impact on every field of work.

Suggestion:English is one of the most dominating languages of the world which is having its impact on every field of work.

Sentence: Undoubtedly, English play a much greater role in the world that it is inevitable for people to ignore it fully.
Description: The fragment English play a is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace play with verb, past tense

Sentence: Secondly, it is also beneficial to get an authorised degree from the best universities of the world as this will help in getting a high profile job anywhere in the world means a person can choose where to live according to that person's convenience.
Error: authorised Suggestion: authorized

Avg. Sentence Length: 33 21.0 (sentences should be shorter)
Number of Paragraphs: 8 5 (You don't list 4-5 reasons here. You only need to list 2-3 reasons and argue.)

The big problem for this essay is that you used 'However', and 'Even though'. If you used them at the beginning of a paragraph, means you are going to change your ideas. However, you didn't.

Be very sensitive to use However or Even though inside the essays. It is going to mis-organize the essay if they are not used properly.