Modern forms of communication email and messaging have reduced the amount of time people spend seeing their friends. This has had a negative effect on their social lives.To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Modern forms of communication email and messaging have reduced the amount of time people spend seeing their friends. This has had a negative effect on their social lives.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Spending much time to meet and get closer with friends and relatives is no longer as a excuse for modern inhabitants. Modern technologies have erased limitation in term of communication in space and time. However, there are still a few inhabitants think that modern communications such as email and messaging have decreased our togetherness.

Several years ago, inhabitants felt quite difficult to communicate with their colleagues or families, especially who lived in another islands. When they had a plenty of time, they probably can interact by letter, but they had to wait until 2 or three weeks to receive its reply. It was obviously not effective for business which needed instant reply.

In the present life, we can still keep in touch with other people even though we are in different countries. We are able to communicate by email and messaging. So, our social networking will be larger. For instance, by email I can find some people in another country who have some interest with me. I look for scholarship to continue my study in Australia. So firstly, I try to find out students who already study there. I then ask them about scholarship and tuition fee of living there. Finally, I find much information without meeting them.

After considering some reasons, I believe it is quite difficult to say that modern ways of communication such as email and messaging have minimized the amount of time people who spend seeing their colleagues.

In a nutshell, I completely disagree with the statement in the question and entirely think that modern ways of communication have increased citizens’ network.

Sentence: Several years ago, inhabitants felt quite difficult to communicate with their colleagues or families, especially who lived in another islands.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to another and islands